PDA

View Full Version : 10NL - AK facing 100BB all-in on flop...

cubase
04-14-2007, 01:15 AM
Villian is 60/20/2 after 86 hands. I just sat down. Really not sure what to do here. I opted to fold and wait to see what he does that with in future hands. Once I see it, I can take notes and evaluate next time. I really don't feel like paying a buyin to see his cards.

Curious on your thoughts?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($13.05)
BB ($10)
Hero ($12.05)
Button ($7.10)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.20) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $12.65</font>, BB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $14.75

igetbadbeat
04-14-2007, 01:26 AM
instacall

thac
04-14-2007, 01:40 AM
You don't have much invested so it's not a bad fold.. sometimes this will be a strong hand, other times it will be a draw or weak hand (QT or JT or something).. if you have a big bankroll, I advise you to make these calls a decent amount of the time because it's a lot of missed value if the villain ends up being a maniac and you don't get another chance to stack him.

cubase
04-14-2007, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
instacall

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't say instacall without giving your reasoning and expected hand ranges (well you can, but neither I nor anyone else who reads this gets any value from it). More thought here please.

cubase
04-14-2007, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't have much invested so it's not a bad fold.. sometimes this will be a strong hand, other times it will be a draw or weak hand (QT or JT or something).. if you have a big bankroll, I advise you to make these calls a decent amount of the time because it's a lot of missed value if the villain ends up being a maniac and you don't get another chance to stack him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a little over 30 buyins. Do you consider that big? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

With the wet board, I agree, sometimes I want to make the call here. If he had 1/2 a buyin or less, I'm easily making the call most of the time. It's just not often I see a massive over-shove like this one though on the flop from someone with a full BI, and when I have seen it, one of two things: I'm not involved and he has the nuts, or I am involved and I have the nuts and he has a great, but 2nd best hand, and it is much better than TP or a draw.

Even though I had decent hand history on him, I had no notes, which either means I just didn't notice him (multi-tabling) or didn't see any hands of interest. Without the notes, I just had trouble looking him up, despite his looseness. I guess I can look him up in PT and see if I find anything interesting there.

orange
04-14-2007, 02:22 AM
meh, i think that vs. a 60/20 i would call here. though its closer than you might think.