PDA

View Full Version : Question for Berge, Nate the Great

ZServe
04-11-2007, 06:53 PM
You were both very informative and helpful during the initial stages of the gambling bill being passed. I would like to ask you a simple question now that about 6 months have passed.

On October 30, 2006, if you were asked to predict what the the online poker landscape would look like on April 11, 2007, how would today's reality differ than what your answer would have been?

My guess is that you would have predicted it to be worse than it actually is. I'm sure others would be curious to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

MiltonFriedman
04-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Do you mean, ask Berge and Nate what were their thoughts then (October) or what they now (April) think their thoughts would have been in October if someone had asked them in October ?

"Don't forget to wind your watch, Ted !"

Clearly, this is irrelevant today, as all online poker in the US has been shut down already as of Gaboonviper Armageddon Day ..... which was March 1st, if I am not mistaken.

Don't you recall that ?

Wynton
04-12-2007, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you mean, ask Berge and Nate what were their thoughts then (October) or what they now (April) think their thoughts would have been in October if someone had asked them in October ?

"Don't forget to wind your watch, Ted !"

Clearly, this is irrelevant today, as all online poker in the US has been shut down already as of Gaboonviper Armageddon Day

[/ QUOTE ]

Also known as "GAD"!

Zele
04-13-2007, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Also known as "GAD"!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to work hard to make this acronym catch on.

Berge20
04-13-2007, 01:45 PM
This is an interesting question and one that I haven't given much thought to. I'm not entirely sure what I thought would happen 6-months (or whatever it's been) after the signing of the bill.

Let me rumage the mind and see if I can give you an answer worth discussing.