PDA

View Full Version : Some more tax questions and ideas

Cap_Of_Water
04-11-2007, 05:43 PM
I am in CA. Im filing for '06 and didnt turn 21 till '07 but i dont think that matters. Anyway, i went to see my family's accountant, and basically im just claiming anything that shows as deposited into my bank account. Now, he said online poker is illegal? I know i have heard that technically its illegal on a federal level but states police it.. blah blah... i realize you dont have to be specific in terms of job description, so if he just put gambling it would be sufficient, but if i put online poker i could write off my computer, my desk, computer programs, internet bill, and a certain % of my rent since i have a room that is an office. So do i claim my job as "online gambling" "online poker" in order to write off this stuff, or just forget about writing it off all together?

Seperate question, if i did file under "gambling" wouldn't they question me because of my age? Alot of responses in other threads are that they dont care they just want their money.

Next thought, when you cash a check it does not show as deposited in your bank account statements. im sure there is a record of it that the IRS could find if they audited you, but otherwise couldnt one who made for instance $120K a year just deposite say $6k a month while cashing checks for the other $4k each month and only claim $72k for taxes?