PDA

View Full Version : Just took my worst beat ever

timex
04-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Details to come, but my feet are too cold for now.

New2NL
04-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Bought a fake watch at regular price?

EC10
04-11-2007, 11:26 AM
staked someone and they didnt win the mtt?

A_Junglen
04-11-2007, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be nice to have feet to get cold.

Ansky
04-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Was it more awkward for you, or the girl?

SkeetyMcdoogle
04-11-2007, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be nice to have feet to get cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

pics of all appendages plz

timex
04-11-2007, 11:42 AM
So I pull an all nighter to study for my linear algebra exam this morning, worth 65% of my final mark. The exam was at "12:30" server time.

So studying is going pretty well, and despite knowing nothing 24 hours ago, I think I will be able to pull off a ~80 on the exam, which is not spectacular or anything, but high marks are no longer really a goal of mine.

As I am studying, I get a call from my friend matt(ch0ppy on stars) at like 11:04 asking how the exam went. Appparently it wasn't at 12:30, it was actually at 9:00 until 11:30. I grab my ID and 2 pencils and am on my way. I run out of my room, leaving the door open, run across campus in pajama bottoms and bare feet. TBH, I went pretty damn fast(this whole post is one thinly veiled brag obv.), and after running across the frozen ground(Canada), sand, gravel etc. I get to the gym where it is being written, and ask to get a paper.

I almost certainly passed the exam in ~22minutes, especially since you can stretch out time as they give instructions at the end etc., to get about 25-26 minutes. I am good at not wasting time, and getting good #'s of marks/minute, and am fairly certain that I would have passed, and certainly gotten enough marks to pass the course.

So anyways, I obv. wasn't allowed to write the exam, and then had to walk back to my residence. On the trip back, I realized just how cold the ground was and how much of a fool I look like in pajama bottoms and no shoes.

The Velour Fog
04-11-2007, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Was it more awkward for you, or the other dude?

[/ QUOTE ]

lyncks2002
04-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Jesus Christ, that sucks man.
this happened to me once in college, but not like this, running in pajamas...

ArturiusX
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was it more awkward for you, or the other horse?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MasterLJ
BBV4Life?

I did the same thing actually. Ended up dropping the whole quarter retroactively.

gumpzilla
04-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Rough. I can't believe they didn't let you hand it in like that.

In my first semester at college, I slept half an hour into my economics final, and took a similar quasi-dressed run through the snow to get to the room (though I put shoes on.) I busted into the room, scared the [censored] out of everybody, and started babbling incoherently at the professor. He finally gave me the exam, and when I handed it in, said "So, your alarm didn't work?" "Yeah, something like that." "Heh, heh, heh." He actually laughed like that.

danzasmack
04-11-2007, 11:49 AM
this happened to me too.

I hadn't gone to the class once all year, the midterm was optional so i didn't take it. I was studying all night and then somebody told me they just came back from the exam. The prof let me take it over during break. But i went out and got hammered the night before. I failed the test certainly.

But the prof lost the test and I got a B. True story.

timex
04-11-2007, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Rough. I can't believe they didn't let you hand it in like that.

In my first semester at college, I slept half an hour into my economics final, and took a similar quasi-dressed run through the snow to get to the room (though I put shoes on.) I busted into the room, scared the [censored] out of everybody, and started babbling incoherently at the professor. He finally gave me the exam, and when I handed it in, said "So, your alarm didn't work?" "Yeah, something like that." "Heh, heh, heh." He actually laughed like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine was also in a gymnasium, so like 1500 people instead of like 100.

The brag is that I entered near the back, so only like 20% of people would have seen me, if it weren't for me having to walk to the front, so everyone saw me etc.

NHFunkii
04-11-2007, 11:51 AM
can't you retake it?
if you sleep through a final here, you can take it a few months later and still pass the class

btw I was pretty sure your laptop was gonna get stolen with "I left my door open"

edit: hijack
I lost my wallet about an hour ago. I fell asleep in class, and when I left the building I realized I had neither my phone nor my wallet in my pocket, so I went back in and my phone was lying under my seat, my wallet was nowhere to be found.
beat: lost my wallet
brag: only lost $50
beat: only had $50 in my wallet
brag: had a sweet hour long nap
brag: I took my social security card out of my wallet a couple of months ago (I don't know why it was there in the first place)

Dids
04-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Vividly remember some girl on my dorm floor just crying like crazy 'cause she slept through an exam.

I laughed to myself and was like "who the [censored] does that".

I might have never gone to class, or studied, but I showed up for exames, even if one time it was on accident 'cause I just happened to go to class that day and it turned out that was the day of the midterm.

timex
04-11-2007, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
can't you retake it?
if you sleep through a final here, you can take it a few months later and still pass the class

btw I was pretty sure your laptop was gonna get stolen with "I left my door open"

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the feeling that the uni. environment is wayyy different here in waterloo than most places. Most people on my floor leave their doors open at all times, and everyone is pretty cool.

By cool, I mean not a criminal.

NHFunkii
04-11-2007, 11:55 AM
no actually I know tons of people who leave their doors open, but I just thought that was where your story was going

also, most people here are not criminals, but some are. check out this sweet article. I met this guy a few weeks ago, and couldn't figure out whether he was gay or not. Apparently not.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=518155

timex
04-11-2007, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
no actually I know tons of people who leave their doors open, but I just thought that was where your story was going

also, most people here are not criminals, but some are. check out this sweet article. I met this guy a few weeks ago, and couldn't figure out whether he was gay or not. Apparently not.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is awesome.

Does he have facebook?

DannyOcean_
04-11-2007, 12:01 PM
I saw timex doing this and snapped a pic real quick like for bbv

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7618/latefortestzb1.png

timex
04-11-2007, 12:09 PM
I think lots of people noticed me, people have been knocking on my door asking if there is anything they can do, just got this message from a guy I haven't talked to since highschool(not even in my program).

mike says:
hey
mike says:
did u get to write?

actyper
04-11-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm surprised you didn't stake somebody to write it for you.

adanthar
04-11-2007, 12:39 PM
yeah that's odd. talk to the prof or the department chair, one or the other will probably let you retake.

killsadie
04-11-2007, 12:46 PM
hah this happened to me and the prof just emailed me saying i missed the final and told me to take it two days later with his other class

catcher193
04-11-2007, 12:54 PM
chicken pot pie is nasty

NHFunkii
04-11-2007, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is awesome.

Does he have facebook?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I never thought of that. he somehow hasn't closed his profile. no wall messages in almost 2 months though.