PDA

View Full Version : Oops UIGEA Did It Again! Giftcards for Online Gaming History Soon?

gaboonviper
04-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Check out the cover story over at gambling911.com entitled "Gift Card Companies Sever Ties With Online Gambling Affiliates.

In a nutshell: some giftcard providers are starting to notify online gaming affiliates that they will no longer allow their gift card to be advertised on internet gambling related websites.

This is of course due to UIGEA and is another blow to online poker. As you all know many players are now funding their accounts with these giftcards. If this trend continues with giftcard companies going anti online gambling it will be even tougher to use this route to fund online accounts.

In addition to the above, I am also wondering if the gift card companies are able to tell whether or not whoever is using one of their cards is sending the money to an online gambling site. Beacause if they can do this, and I think they can, then they may begin preventing money transfers from their cards to online gambling websites, which of course includes poker.

LeapFrog
04-06-2007, 01:03 PM
WHEN IS THE GIFT CARD ARMAGEDDON DATE??? Also congrats on becoming a lvl 4 troll! Replying in your own threads, better formatting even -- keep up the good work.

Coy_Roy
04-06-2007, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WHEN IS THE GIFT CARD ARMAGEDDON DATE??? Also congrats on becoming a lvl 4 troll! Replying in your own threads, better formatting even -- keep up the good work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uncalled for.

LeapFrog
04-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Not in the least, he is a huge troll. Also its not like he brings us hard to get news... His tone has improved quite a bit in this thread as well, lvl 5 soon?

LeapFrog
04-06-2007, 01:13 PM
yeah roy this isn't troll like in the least is it?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post8995433 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=law&Number=8995433&Search page=3&Main=8993455&Words=gaboonviper&topic=&Searc h=true#Post8995433)

[ QUOTE ]

Through my current analysis of the legislative/political poker environment I have come up with a date, 3/1/07, when I think things in the poker world will get really, really, REALLY crazy. I call this date The Armageddon Date...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

So mark it on your calendar. Etch it in your brain. 3/1/07. The Armageddon Date.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coy_Roy
04-06-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm well aware of his posting history but I just don't think that gives you the right to immediately enter and attempt to hijack his thread.

Common courtesy.

LeapFrog
04-06-2007, 01:21 PM
I generally don't act courteous to trolls because I don't consider trolling courteous

Coy_Roy
04-06-2007, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In a nutshell: some giftcard providers are starting to notify online gaming affiliates that they will no longer allow their gift card to be advertised on internet gambling related websites.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be all they're looking for.

They can then "quietly" allow the transactions to continue.

CompatiblePoker
04-06-2007, 02:07 PM
This is definately nothing new. Click2pay and Western Union email affiliates telling them to take their names off their websites all the time. Yet, they're proudly displayed at the actual poker rooms as deposit providers.

Jay Cohen
04-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Please don't tell me that some sites were actually pushing them on their deposit pages. Is it true?

vinyard
04-06-2007, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please don't tell me that some sites were actually pushing them on their deposit pages. Is it true?

[/ QUOTE ]If so it was small time operators. Most sites were just posting the Visa logo. I would be a lot more worried if Visa themselves were contacting the sites asking for the logos to be removed.

depokerstar
04-06-2007, 07:25 PM
meh...let us know when you have something relevant..this has been talked about for weeks on 2+ 2 and several other sites