PDA

View Full Version : Turned set but still behind?

pjcmt
04-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Average 6/12 game @ local B&M card club; semi-loose semi-aggressive ave 5-6 players per flop. Hero image is tight-aggressive. Villian is weak-tight who has commented that he doesn't raise preflop with big cards because he always misses flop.

Hero has TT on button. 4 limpers, hero raises and is called in 3 spots.

Flop is KQ9 rainbow and checked to hero who bets.

called by villian in BB. other fold.

Turn is T (KQ9T)

Hero bets. villian calls.

blank on river. Hero...

Clover362
04-05-2007, 07:37 PM
bets and make a crying call if rr if he had a straight he would raise the turn i think though. what is your local card room?

Grease
04-05-2007, 07:39 PM
B/F.

Easy fold if he C/R's you, but he'll probably call with lots of things.

MickeyWins
04-05-2007, 08:15 PM
A weak tight player like this...
what is his position? he plays a very "tight" range of hands...if he is in early position...the chances of him holding a jack are very small...KJ,QJsuited..maybe?!?!
out of position..most players raise on the turn...because he cant be sure you will bet the river...but he wants that extra bet.....so he doesnt have jack....
go ahead and bet out...your hand is good.
he will make a crying call with kq or aq ..ak etc..

pjcmt
04-05-2007, 09:40 PM
How it went down. Hero bet on river, was raised and made crying call. Villian shows QJo. Would it have made any difference to the approach of this hand if the villian was in MP and wasn't in BB?

Clover, cardroom is Lake Elsinore.

Hydrant
04-06-2007, 04:23 AM
I think you can value bet the river, the Villan needs J to beat you and he will not have it that often.

Bob T.
04-06-2007, 05:25 AM
I bet the river, and expect to win because he would have raised on the turn if he had a jack.

If I get raised, I call.