PDA

View Full Version : Poker Webcast With Senator Alfonse D'Amato

KEW
04-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Just got this E-mail from the PPA..

Dear PPA Member:

As the fight for poker continues, the PPA grows stronger by the day. In the past two months, PPA membership has more than doubled to nearly 320,000 members! This exciting growth is pushing us closer to our 1 million member goal.

As most of you know, it was recently announced that three-term U.S. Senator Alfonse D'Amato has joined the PPA to serve as the Chairman of the Board. His decades of public service and deep understanding of the political process will be instrumental in our efforts to ensure that you can continue to enjoy the game of poker in the venue of your choosing.

The PPA is providing a unique chance for you to hear from the Senator and ask him questions about the future of poker. On Thursday, April 12th at 3pm EST the PPA will host an interactive Webcast. The Senator will give you an update of the federal government issues facing poker today and what the PPA is doing to fight for your rights. You have the opportunity to send e-mail questions before and during the Webcast which the Senator will answer live.

Participation is easy and I encourage everyone to be part of this exciting discussion.

If you would like to send a question ahead of time you can send to AskAl@pokerplayersalliance.org

Sincerely,

Michael Bolcerek, President
Poker Players Alliance

Grasshopp3r
04-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Who is planning to participate on the call?

Steve565
04-12-2007, 08:22 AM
Just a reminder, the D'Amato webcast is today at 3PM EST.

<< Dear PPA Member:

If you have not done so already, please sign up for the Poker Players
Alliance Chat with Senator Alfonse D'Amato. Register today by going to
the PPA Web site, <http://www.pokerplayersalliance.org> and clicking on
the red REGISTER NOW button under PPA In Action.

Please remember that the WebCast will run live at 3pm EST on Thursday,
April 12th. You will need to be online at this time to be part of this
exciting discussion about the future of poker. >>

ninjaunderwear
04-12-2007, 02:06 PM
I must be completely computer illiterate because I'm just going in circles here trying to join the webcast.

People_Mover
04-12-2007, 02:24 PM
I can't get it to work either. I registered, but the links aren't directly connecting me. I'm on a MAC at work if that matters.

TheJokerIsWild
04-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Same here...I don't see a "Join" button, only the same "Enroll" button. Maybe we have to wait until it's closer to 3PM EST before they let us in??

1p0kerboy
04-12-2007, 02:42 PM
I can't get in either.

I did notice you have to enter "poker" for the password though.

TheJokerIsWild
04-12-2007, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't get in either.

I did notice you have to enter "poker" for the password though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but what's the username?

1p0kerboy
04-12-2007, 02:47 PM
I figured it out.

Go to event manager and then setup.

TheJokerIsWild
04-12-2007, 02:47 PM
OK, figured it out. You guys get in?

Kowalski
04-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Aight finally got it workin.

Ron Burgundy
04-12-2007, 02:50 PM
YAY Walgreens music!

Ron Burgundy
04-12-2007, 02:54 PM
They're laughing about something, but we can't hear them.

I wonder what they're saying. I think they're talking about what brands of bald-head polish they use.

1p0kerboy
04-12-2007, 02:57 PM
In baby. Rockin.

Kowalski
04-12-2007, 02:58 PM
I think they're talking about what percentage of the PPA donations were used to purchase the suits they're wearing.

TheJokerIsWild
04-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Is it still a blank screen for you guys?

Ron Burgundy
04-12-2007, 03:00 PM
WHOA whose the chick???

Kowalski
04-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Nope, two guys, a girl and a cup of coffee.

1p0kerboy
04-12-2007, 03:00 PM
I was gonna ax that.

TheJokerIsWild
04-12-2007, 03:01 PM
what the hell...i don't see anything but a black player....help!

Kowalski
04-12-2007, 03:01 PM
I wish there was a chat box.

crzylgs
04-12-2007, 03:03 PM
firefox didn't work for me. switched to ie, it's workin.

TheJokerIsWild
04-12-2007, 03:03 PM
OK, i got it, except the video is all f'ed up.

Professionalpoker
04-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Up and running fine here. He is into an intro right now.

TheJokerIsWild
04-12-2007, 03:04 PM
He just said that people are being arrested all over the country for playing online poker. I haven't heard one person that has been arrested for this.

Professionalpoker
04-12-2007, 03:05 PM
>Poster: TheJokerIsWild
>Subject: Re: Poker Webcast With Senator Alfonse D'Amato

>OK, i got it, except the video is all f'ed up.
You have the latest windows media player?

TheJokerIsWild
04-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Yeah, but i'm on wireless so maybe the speed is slow.

Kowalski
04-12-2007, 03:06 PM
I heard of home games getting busted.

1p0kerboy
04-12-2007, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He just said that people are being arrested all over the country for playing online poker. I haven't heard one person that has been arrested for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

No he didn't.

He said people were being arrested for playing poker.

LeapFrog
04-12-2007, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He just said that people are being arrested all over the country for playing online poker. I haven't heard one person that has been arrested for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ug, did he really just say that?

edit: nm, ty pb

crzylgs
04-12-2007, 03:06 PM
He just said that people are being arrested all over the country for playing online poker. I haven't heard one person that has been arrested for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ug, did he really just say that?

[/ QUOTE ]

no

TheJokerIsWild
04-12-2007, 03:07 PM
He just said that people are being arrested all over the country for playing online poker. I haven't heard one person that has been arrested for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

No he didn't.

He said people were being arrested for playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so you think people are getting arrested everywhere for playing "poker?"

1p0kerboy
04-12-2007, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ug, did he really just say that?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

TheJokerIsWild
04-12-2007, 03:08 PM
This guy is a huge asset to us though. He can actually communicate effectively, unlike Michael.

1p0kerboy
04-12-2007, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, so you think people are getting arrested everywhere for playing "poker?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I have heard of home games being busted (especially recently) and players being arrested.

crzylgs
04-12-2007, 03:10 PM
ZOMG there's a webchat? Where?

Kowalski
04-12-2007, 03:11 PM
You can just email messages to him by clicking the email button. There's no 'chat' interface.

Professionalpoker
04-12-2007, 03:13 PM
On the day and time of your event, click the following link to join: https://pokerplayersalliance.webex.com/pokerplayersalliance/onstage/g.php?d=691078774&t=a

After you click on the link, here are some additional instructions:
1) Click the Join button
2) Enter your name and email address
3) Click the Join button
4) Ensure your computer speakers are turned on for the event audio.

1p0kerboy
04-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Nothing really new said so far.

People_Mover
04-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Don't have the proper updates for this 1986 MAC here at the office, can someone summarize what's going on and being said? (other than people arrested for playing poker)

Professionalpoker
04-12-2007, 03:18 PM
So far nothing major - a few softball questions. Really haven't stated their plans to promote change.

1p0kerboy
04-12-2007, 03:18 PM
D'Amato is mostly answering emailed questions.

1p0kerboy
04-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Discussing how online poker can be regulated and problem/teenage gamblers can be taken care of.

Professionalpoker
04-12-2007, 03:25 PM
When asked about the local laws to legalize poker while in favor, Bolcerek stated that online is their primary focus

Kowalski
04-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Sooo yeah,

I felt like anyway who joined the PPA and cares enough to watch that video, probably knew everything that Senator D'Amato said.

Ron Burgundy
04-12-2007, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sooo yeah,

I felt like anyway who joined the PPA and cares enough to watch that video, probably knew everything that Senator D'Amato said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Pretty much a waste of time for most of us.

Sniper
04-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Sooo yeah,

I felt like anyway who joined the PPA and cares enough to watch that video, probably knew everything that Senator D'Amato said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Pretty much a waste of time for most of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

crzylgs
04-12-2007, 03:39 PM
It was worthwhile to me just to get a look at the rhetoric and talking points D'Amato would be using. I think he looked very solid, definitely an upgrade from Bolcerek.

Tofu_boy
04-12-2007, 03:52 PM
nothing much.. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sniper
04-12-2007, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nothing much.. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tofu... if the purpose of this webcast was simply to show... hey look, D'Amato really is working with us now... then it accomplished its purpose! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheJokerIsWild
04-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Sooo yeah,

I felt like anyway who joined the PPA and cares enough to watch that video, probably knew everything that Senator D'Amato said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Pretty much a waste of time for most of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zele
04-13-2007, 12:43 AM
Clearly the "good intentions" of UIGEA's supporters was a talking point.

I think it is a really good idea for us to echo this in our calls/emails to Reps as well as in casual conversation. Not only does it make us look reasonable, I'm sure it is true for a lot of members of Congress (I hate to say it, but I include Goodlatte and Leach).