PDA

View Full Version : Good: my response from Congressman Ron Paul

Dire
04-04-2007, 02:50 PM
A while back I sent out some messages expressing my support of online gambling and Barney Frank's initiative in tossing the UIGEA. Received an email today from Ron Paul.

[ QUOTE ]

Hello, I am Congressman Ron Paul's legislative director. You are receiving this message because you contacted our office regarding Internet gambling. Dr. Paul intends to work with House Financial Services Chairman Barney Frank to repeal the ban.

[removed signature/etc]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was titled: FW: Internet Gambling. I've never received such a sweet email. Straight and to the point. Quite different than the political BS 5-paragraph but nothing said form letters I've received from others in the past. That's at least 2 on the Financial Services Committee completely against the UIGEA. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Infotainment
04-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Nicely done sir!

RGL
04-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Great news! Maybe this thing is really gaining ground. And perhaps it is a bigger or more strategized issue for the Dems than has been apparent to date.

The Financial Services Committee I suspect is a major leverage point for stopping enforcement in its tracks given the emphasis on financial transactions in the legislation.

LeapFrog
04-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Thanks for posting

PBJaxx
04-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Great!

Coy_Roy
04-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Great news!

KotOD
04-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Can some republican create one of these for Paul?

http://www.abcpac.com/default.aspx

TimTimSalabim
04-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Not a huge surprise that a lifelong Libertarian is against a gambling ban.

Wahoo73
04-04-2007, 04:37 PM
FWIW, he is running for the Republican Party nomination for President: http://ronpaul2008.com/

Nairb
04-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Wish I could get a response from my Tennessee Senators and Representatives. Have sent e-mails and letters weekly since passage of the UIGEA and have yet to get my first response.

Tofu_boy
04-04-2007, 05:53 PM
looklike we get more and more great news now....

Thank You for great news post.

whangarei
04-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the report /images/graemlins/grin.gif

demon102
04-04-2007, 06:08 PM
keeeeewwwwl

yahboohoo
04-04-2007, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Straight and to the point. Quite different than the political BS 5-paragraph but nothing said form letters I've received from others in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]
No joke. How refreshing!

oober
04-04-2007, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A while back I sent out some messages expressing my support of online gambling and Barney Frank's initiative in tossing the UIGEA. Received an email today from Ron Paul.

[ QUOTE ]

Hello, I am Congressman Ron Paul's legislative director. You are receiving this message because you contacted our office regarding Internet gambling. Dr. Paul intends to work with House Financial Services Chairman Barney Frank to repeal the ban.

[removed signature/etc]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was titled: FW: Internet Gambling. I've never received such a sweet email. Straight and to the point. Quite different than the political BS 5-paragraph but nothing said form letters I've received from others in the past. That's at least 2 on the Financial Services Committee completely against the UIGEA. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Reply asking him to publicly state his intentions on the issue... Explain to him how many poker players are out there...

Skallagrim
04-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Did you folks know Ron Paul is also running for president?

Hes not mentioned much because he's well known as the most libertarian of all republicans and has little money. But most posters here would probably agree with most of his positions.

Check him out all of you who routinely say there is no real choice out there.

Skallagrim

JD2WSOP
04-05-2007, 01:35 AM
He's got my vote, that's for sure. I'll write him in if I have to.

Money2Burn
04-05-2007, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wish I could get a response from my Tennessee Senators and Representatives. Have sent e-mails and letters weekly since passage of the UIGEA and have yet to get my first response.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't Bill Frist one of your senators? I doubt you will get a response from him other than a Cartman esque reply of "Na na na na na na, you can't play online poker! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

Uglyowl
04-05-2007, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Did you folks know Ron Paul is also running for president?

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't seem to have much of a chance at the moment unfortunately. Seems like a great guy.

Quick bio: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul

plasphemy
04-05-2007, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't Bill Frist one of your senators? I doubt you will get a response from him other than a Cartman esque reply of "Na na na na na na, you can't play online poker! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Frist retired...

In fact, the only congressmen left that was instrumental getting the UIGEA through is John Kyl. Leach was voted out.

andywend
04-05-2007, 06:54 AM
These days the republicans are separated into 2 groups:

Those that are controlled by the religious right and the true conservatives like Ron Paul (most true conservative republicans are libertarians).

While the religious right was primarily responsible for the success of the republican party dating back to 1994, the party made a deal with the devil and politicians like Bill Frist, John Kyl, Jim Leach were the result.

Thank goodness Frist and Leach are gone.

Ron Paul would make an excellent president as would any libertarian politician. Unfortunately, I don't see how the democrats can lose in 2008 and every single major democratic candidate wants to socialize medicine and have the government take almost full control of our daily lives.

Here's hoping they repeal the UIGEA before that happens.

dlk9s
04-05-2007, 07:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
T every single major democratic candidate wants to socialize medicine and have the government take almost full control of our daily lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the bright side, maybe they will want the government to control (read: regulate) online poker. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Cactus Jack
04-05-2007, 09:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
T every single major democratic candidate wants to socialize medicine and have the government take almost full control of our daily lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the bright side, maybe they will want the government to control (read: regulate) online poker. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't bother. The idea of govt being something good just confuses them.