PDA

View Full Version : help wanted taping the Aussie Millions

gobbomom
04-03-2007, 06:59 PM
The Aussie Millions is showing Saturday night, on FSN, my cable guide says at 11 CDT. I'm thinking it's the final table, but I don't have any idea how long it's going for. I need someone to tape this for me because I don't think we get it. I will pay, of course. $25? or whatever is reasonable. I'd prefer dvd, but vhs is ok, too as long as I can get the whole thing. This would be really great, and the Gobbo fam would SOOO appreciate any help on this. Thank you.

AntonHeat
04-03-2007, 07:08 PM
First, and hope someone can help ya out

augie_
04-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Hi Gobbomom,

Jimmy told me that they are doing like an 8 part series or something, and he said he might be in every episode. Maybe somehow I did not understand him right.

gobbomom
04-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Hi augie, I hope you're feeling better. Winter sucks here, and takes a huge toll on me, too depression-wise. Fresh air and exercise helps. I figured this could be complicated, and made worse by not knowing how it's going to play out. That's why I posted this; I want somebody who will commit to taping him for however long it takes. I guess if it's 8 sessions, that's sure gonna mean more than $25, lol. But, this is important to his whole family. Anyone willing to take this on??? Please.

KneeCo
04-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Last season they showed from day 2 onward and it turned out to be 10 episodes.

I think your best bet will be to download it; Gobbo will know how to burn it on a DVD so you and others can watch it on your dvd player.

Soulman
04-03-2007, 07:40 PM
gobbomom,

although I don't keep up to date on how fast poker broadcasts are uploaded to torrent sites, I'm sure the wait won't be too long. If someone in your immediate family (like gobbo himself) is tech savvy enough to find, download and burn these (e.g. at thepokerbay), I'm sure you'll have them quick enough.

rothko
04-03-2007, 07:49 PM
i don't know what these torrent things are and certainly don't condone them, but the 2007 cash game invitational is already available for dl, so the gobbo classic won't be too far behind. this will be way easier then trying to get someone to record it for you.

gobbomom
04-03-2007, 07:53 PM
you guys are helping, THANK YOU. So, I don't need to be concerned with not catching this on Sat? 'Cause he's in Ireland expecting me to, and I don't think I can.

rothko
04-03-2007, 07:54 PM
correct, you will be able to watch it later. likely as early as sunday.

AntonHeat
04-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Ya honestly Torrents ftw.

gobbomom
04-03-2007, 08:35 PM
ok, gonna check out Torrents. Thank you everybody, seriously. This was important.

jcmoussa
04-03-2007, 10:01 PM
is this seriously gobbo's mom?

mikeJ
04-03-2007, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is this seriously gobbo's mom?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Check her post history.

pacecar86
04-04-2007, 12:29 AM
would guess that Jimmy has contact info for some of the tournament folks at FTP, media producers, and the like....I'd check with them to arrange shipping you a DVD of the show

Soulman
04-04-2007, 05:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
would guess that Jimmy has contact info for some of the tournament folks at FTP, media producers, and the like....I'd check with them to arrange shipping you a DVD of the show

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh, way easier to just download it yourself, the official DVD will probably released waaaaay later.

pacecar86
04-04-2007, 03:02 PM
ur r right re downloading personal copy....is it broadcast over more than one episode?

If that is the case, usually the post-production people can arrange for a pre-official copy of all episodes...bet Gus has one <<<grin>>>

gobbomom
04-04-2007, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ur r right re downloading personal copy....is it broadcast over more than one episode?

If that is the case, usually the post-production people can arrange for a pre-official copy of all episodes...bet Gus has one <<<grin>>>

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah, I bet Gus has one, too. Unless he sold it on E-Bay or something. Jimmy told me he can get a dvd from Bluff, so it's all cool. Thank you everyone for your help, and thanks to Bluff.