PDA

View Full Version : I'm so lucky in cards and life

Enon
01-04-2006, 01:54 AM
So I just got back yesterday from a snowboard vacation in Banff, Alberta with a friend from Toronto. We had planned on taking a snowboard vacation for a few months and originally had our sights set on Whistler. Because of my laziness in arranging our trip until the last minute, a plane ticket to Vancover around the holidays would set my friend (a graduate student in computer science) back too much. We had a great time in Banff and some decent snowfall on the hills and I managed to pull about 5k off the table in only a few hours of Paradise 40/80 action.

During the trip we lamented not having tons of fresh powder to blast through but soon learned at the end of our trip that Whistler's conditions were so rainy that most of the snow base was actually washed away and lift tickets were refunded because conditions were so bad.

Right now I'm sitting in the airport terminal awaiting a flight to the Bahamas for the PCA feeling so fortunate. My young parrot Sophia is taken care of while I'm gone by my generous housemates. My best friend David had time to drop me off to pick up some awesome vegan enchiladas with beans and rice to go (they only had one serving left) for the airport. We had great conversation in the car, catching up on both of our respective vacations and girlfriend situations.

I'm feeling relaxed and destressed after a wonderful massage from a practitioner I hadn't seen before and its sometimes hit or miss at the place I frequent. Sitting here at the gate browsing 2+2 on my brother's laptop which he so generously loaned me and remembered to drop off earlier today in the middle of my short short party 30/60 session where I pulled 2k.

To top it off, my overnight flight into Miami had one first class seat available (which is very unusual on this flight according to the Alaska Air desk guy) for only $150 more.

Maybe its just the endorphins speaking now after the full body massage but life just doesn't much better than this. I'm just so appreciative of my friends, family and my new extended poker family, some of whom I'll be meeting in person for the first time (GGbman, Strassa, DavidRoss, Daryn) and other great guys I've already met (Steve G, J_V, Matt, Jesse, BugStud, Colson10, Scheifer etc.etc.)

Sure, making tv table of the wpt event would be awesome, but if I bust out first hand of the day, I'll still feel like one of the most fortunate guys I know.

haakee
01-04-2006, 02:09 AM
Good luck, and have fun down there!

gilbert
01-04-2006, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
During the trip we lamented not having tons of fresh powder to blast through

[/ QUOTE ]

i got a guy in banff that could have hooked you up.