PDA

View Full Version : Taxes + Cashing out on Pstars

tehdfall
04-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Ok, I'm only 17 so I dont know a lot about the process. Lets say I have 500 dollars that i want to cash out. As of right now with the current cash-out policy and such, I can recieve a check from pokerstars, go to the bank, and recieve the money.

First questions: Will the bank know its a check from a poker website? Will I have to pay any additional fees or taxes if I cash out the check at the bank? Also, do I have to be a certain age to cash out a check?

Second question: Lets say online poker is regulated and players have to pay taxes. The minimum age for online poker at stars is 18, but is that the minimum age to pay taxes? Also, if online poker is regulated, when you cash out will stars automatically deduct the taxes from the amount you want to cash out?

Finally, is there any minimum amount on paying taxes? Would I have to pay taxes on 10 dollars or do i have to have a minimum income of like 5,000 ?

tehdfall
04-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Uhmm.. bump ?

cowboy.up
04-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Never got a check from stars - check the other threads.

There is no age to pay taxes - you make money, you pay taxes.

As of what happens if and when poker is regulated, your guess is as good as mine.

tehdfall
04-02-2007, 10:49 PM
? What do you mean never got a check from stars? You mean you didnt get a check from stars, or you mean thats the topic i should search for?

cowboy.up
04-02-2007, 11:00 PM
I never requested a check from stars. Always used NT and epass now. They ship checks just fine and dandy - I've never heard of any problem regarding receiving or cashing stars checks.