PDA

View Full Version : Neteller in an Excel File?

Slider
04-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Is there any way to pull out all of the transactions into in an excel file or something similar for taxes?

smartalecc5
04-02-2007, 07:41 PM
would be nice to have

Psydoc
04-02-2007, 10:49 PM
It's possible to cut and paste the account history into excel...I did it a while back, but can't remember if I had to parse it or exactly how...but wasn't too complicated.

Freakin
04-03-2007, 12:00 AM
someone needs to make a program that scrapes all your neteller info and tells you what you are up per session...

I'll start working on it... maybe i'll contract out the work...

I'll call it NTCalc

E.Z.
04-03-2007, 01:58 AM
the big key (for the Op) seems to be excel. if you can learn the art of the "copy/paste" you then still have the hurdle of trying to figure out excel. if you have any nephew and nieces above the age 10, they should be able to walk you through everything (since kids are around computers so much these days)

not often i write such a helpful post.

ez

asterion
04-03-2007, 09:54 AM
I use this amazing thing called typing to put my transactions in when I make them. I also used Quicken to track all my spending (which included my Neteller account when I still had access to it) and could look at it simply by using the right category inside Quicken. Seriously, though, isn't that kinda of outflow and inflow the kind of thing you want to be keeping tabs on all year?

dlk9s
04-03-2007, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any way to pull out all of the transactions into in an excel file or something similar for taxes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure is.

1) Copy the information from your Neteller page (just highlight and copy) to a notepad file. Save the file.

2) Open your .TXT file in Excel - the "Text Import Wizard" should appear.

3) Select the "Delimited" option, which should be the default, and change the "Start import at row" option if necessary (for example, if you copied over column headings and don't want them, start import at the next row). Click "Next".

4) Mark the "Tab" checkbox in the "Delimiters" section. Everything else should most likely be left alone. You will be able to see what your data will look like in the preview window. If it looks fine, click "Next," if not, fool with different options.

5) On Step 3 of the Import Wizard, you can change the formatting of each column, but they probably won't need changing.

6) Done!