PDA

View Full Version : how well did I play QQ?

cd1680
03-29-2007, 09:35 PM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, Button calls, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif ($7.5, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, Button calls, UTG folds.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($17.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $12.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $25</font>, Hero calls.

River: A/images/graemlins/club.gif ($67.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button is all-in $48.55</font>, Hero ????

losingdonkey
03-29-2007, 09:41 PM
I think you played it fine, and unless you had a read or some stats on the guy suggesting otherwise, I'd be calling the river as well.

Sean Fraley
03-29-2007, 10:28 PM
If the turn had been something other than a /images/graemlins/club.gif I would be worried, but this is a lesser flush to often to not call. You are afraid only of 55, JJ, and K/images/graemlins/club.gifx.

sdunsmb
03-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Looks fine to me, although sometimes I may check the turn for pot control/possible river value, but only in rare situations - mostly I think it is correct to play like you did.

boycalledroy
03-29-2007, 11:59 PM
If I flop a FH with a board like that I try and let a flushcard come and 2 is ideal. I think the best line here is check/call, check/call. Something generally strikes me as not quite right if you bet that flop and get company!

@PpReNt1cE
03-30-2007, 12:58 AM
Pre flop is fine.
On the flop you need to bet bigger. With 2 callers if someone has the flush draw they will call it because their odds are more than good enough to justify the call. I would suggest a suited board like this with lower cards on board to raise a little over the size of the pot to take away those odds.
The turn. Well, they hit their flush ( they may be betting the scare card but that would take a read to determine ) but you have a redraw to any Q, 5, or hopefully spade. Assuming your opponent has 2 spades and 1 of them is not a K you have 11 outs to win. You have the odds to call but I like a rereraise, and make it something decent.

The river. You made your flush. Is it good enough? /images/graemlins/confused.gif Well you don't give us a read on your opponent so I assume you don't have one. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Anything would be helpful here, do they bet the nuts that hard or will they try to protect their weak flush now that you may have a higher one?

With no read I call and loose to the K /images/graemlins/club.gif. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

tarheeljks
03-30-2007, 01:07 AM
maybe, but w/o any real reads that is just paranoia. i'm calling here-- we've got a legit shot to win and we get info.

corsakh
03-30-2007, 01:55 AM
Check the turn. You have an over on a 3flush paired board, not something to get overexcited about even though you may think you are ahead. In this situation he likely to raise turn with a very wide variaety of hands and you really need to execute pot control in this spot since you are likely to be on a draw youself or drawing dead already.