PDA

View Full Version : 10NL help me pushbot shortstacks

Supwithbates
03-29-2007, 06:47 PM
As a donkament player, you'd think this would be second nature to me.
Villain is 50/10 over 35 hands

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($2.45)
CO ($9.85)
Button ($11.30)
SB ($22.50)
BB ($10.65)
Hero ($11.90)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero ???

no setmining odds, do I just fold ehre?

finegrinder
03-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Shove.

I began my "career" as a shortstacker and went from zero to hero ($5 to $100) by pushbotting and ratholing 2c/4c and 5c/10c so I know a thing or two about the trade.

A 50/10 is not a "professional shortstacker", he's just a donk. You'll see AJ, AT, A9 etc. and even garbage like KJo most of the time. And this is the good end of the spectrum.

Since there's nobody else in the pot you only fear JJ-AA.

Supwithbates
03-29-2007, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Shove.

I began my "career" as a shortstacker and went from zero to hero ($5 to $100) by pushbotting and ratholing 2c/4c and 5c/10c so I know a thing or two about the trade.

A 50/10 is not a "professional shortstacker", he's just a donk. You'll see AJ, AT, A9 etc. and even garbage like KJo most of the time. And this is the good end of the spectrum.

Since there's nobody else in the pot you only fear JJ-AA.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah this guy isn't good if he's a 50/10, that's not necessarilly the issue.

One thing I noticed is that when a shortie donkminraises they feel obligated to call if you put them all-in, even with crap like K9. However, they themselves smoothcall when raised into, or at least many do.

finegrinder
03-29-2007, 07:43 PM
There are lots of people who buy in short and don't have a clue. It's a method of loss management, actually /images/graemlins/cool.gif

However you need to make note of those who do it with method because they can chip at your winrate. If you are playing deep against a bad player and a shortstack sticks along it's a nuisance. But don't fall into the trap and call their preflop big bets or pushes with "speculative hands" when there's no dead or weak money from other sources.