PDA

View Full Version : 50nl KK facing turn AI

danny8
03-29-2007, 06:11 PM
sorry couldnt find a converter for Party.

First orbit at the table so unfortunatly no reads /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Seat 6: Villain (BTN) $45.25
Seat 4: Hero $51.25

SB posts small blind $0.25
BB posts big blind $0.50

** Dealing down cards **
Hero is in UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
1 folds, Hero raises $2, 1 fold, BTN calls $2 SB calls $1.75
BB calls $1.50

Flop J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif (pot ~$8)

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $7, BTN calls $7, 2 folds

Turn 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (pot ~$21)

Hero checks, BTN goes AI for $36.25, Hero...

i guess im worried about 33, 9T and JQ most.. whats your plan?

should i bet/call turn or is checking ok here? d'ya call or fold to the AI?

all comments appreciated, thanks!

TJgniL
03-29-2007, 06:58 PM
WO a read I would fold this, seeing some monsters under the bed; however, I'm a nit.

ADK
03-29-2007, 07:06 PM
im leading turn for about $15, and without a read im calling his AI most of the time

Abelardo
03-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Not a good card on the turn, I'd bet out anyways, and I would hate it when opponent goes AI because I would have to call.

mvdgaag
03-29-2007, 09:22 PM
I bet out on the turn, somewhere around $15.

Since he called preflop I'm more worried about this bet... The probable hands that you can beat; AK, AQ, AJ are hands he might very well have reraised preflop. The hands you named would have you crushed.

As played, I call.

Sean Fraley
03-29-2007, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since he called preflop I'm more worried about this bet... The probable hands that you can beat; AK, AQ, AJ are hands he might very well have reraised preflop. The hands you named would have you crushed.

As played, I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does everyone feel the need to call this turn when all hero has is one pair? While the turn check may well have induced a bluff, this is an expensive pot in which to find out. AQ might do this, but I disagree with mdvgaag that most players would 3-bet that preflop. Next time lead the flop for about 2/3 pot, this time fold it.

As for everyone saying call try and remember that one pair, even an overpair, is not a hand that you want to stack off with on a board like this without a read that villain would bluff.

stewcrew
03-29-2007, 10:25 PM
i agree that this hand gets way to expensive on turn. and that turn card is not that great for you either. as played just look for a better spot.

Gullanian
03-29-2007, 10:32 PM
I'd fold and put him on a straight

mvdgaag
03-30-2007, 07:21 AM
I'm not saying a 3bet would be standard if he had AQ, but he might do it once in a while and some players to it all the time (esp in position), so it's a bit less likely he has it.

He might have picked up a flush draw next to a pair or a straight and flush draw next to a pair. I think there are still a lot of hands you can beat. I don't like the situation either and think folding/calling does not differ a lot here, I just call because I can't lay down kings, I guess /images/graemlins/smile.gif. A bet on the turn might have blocked this.

Loc0Loc0
03-30-2007, 07:31 AM
He could do this with any draw or any K...

Looks like you missed the flop... Lead the turn Pls and fold if raised.

danny8
03-30-2007, 08:58 AM
thanks for the responses!

[ QUOTE ]
He could do this with any draw or any K...

Looks like you missed the flop... Lead the turn Pls and fold if raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

i cant b/f the turn, if i lead he can only minraise me AI... no way im ever folding to that.

seems like leading is better than checking, I guess if im planning to call i should just bet myself just in case he is actually drawing (unlikely IMO).

so i guess it comes down to c/f or b/c

Loc0Loc0
03-30-2007, 09:02 AM
Thought the stacks where deeper. Sorry...

Than Its B/C... But if you check i call to. U inducing to much bluffs/AI from worse hands than better ones.