PDA

View Full Version : 25nl: QQ with Hearts on board

RMLewis
03-29-2007, 04:05 PM
villain is relatively loose, played a bunch of hands while at the table. I feel as if an Ace would raise me on the flop. And his turn over-call reeked of a draw. I dont make him for the flush (he didn't have it). Is my river bet a spew? or is it the best way to avoid getting pushed off a possible winning hand?

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $50.90
NYYRico38: $22.80
Button: $44.08
SB: $10.50
BB: $40.90

Pre-flop: (5 players) NYYRico38 is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">NYYRico38 raises to $1.25</font>, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($2.85, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">NYYRico38 bets $2</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($6.85, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">NYYRico38 bets $4</font>, Button calls.

River: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($14.85, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">NYYRico38 bets $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $20</font>, <font color="#cc0000">NYYRico38 calls all-in $5.55</font>.
Uncalled bets: $4.45 returned to Button.

Results:
Final pot: $45.95

slickss
03-29-2007, 04:15 PM
Well, he's definitely not bluffing with such a small raise on the river. My guess is he slowplayed a flush?

Your river bet is weak. Why do you bet $10 when your stack is $16? Then you might as well just go all-in. I'd prefer check-calling over this, allowing him to either check it down or bluff.

RMLewis
03-29-2007, 04:20 PM
i cant call a river bet if i check to him, can i?
why is $10 into a $14 pot weak on the river?

slickss
03-29-2007, 04:25 PM
I expect him to call with all hands that beat you and fold everything you have beat. So why do you bet the river if you can't call it?

kurto
03-29-2007, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
villain is relatively loose, played a bunch of hands while at the table. I feel as if an Ace would raise me on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why. He might not love his kicker. He might want to see a safe turn. He could have a flush and he can't believe that you're betting into him and don't want to scare you off?

[ QUOTE ]
Is my river bet a spew? or is it the best way to avoid getting pushed off a possible winning hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like this hand at all. You did everything you can to get as much of your stack in on a hand where you basically have second set with possibly 9 outs to second best flush.

For all you know you could be drawing practically dead on the flop.

I mean... you have 2nd pair on a board with possibly flush, Top pair, sets, straights and two pair....

On the turn, if you're behind, you're pretty far behind.

congrats if you won but, if you did, your opponent has got to be brain damaged.

fees
03-29-2007, 04:58 PM
I dont see the point of betting the river here.. what does he have that he's calling you with?

Waingro
03-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Bet more on the flop, check turn, probably fold to a reasonable bet. Check river, call a small bet.

Machavelli
03-29-2007, 05:26 PM
First, giving us the knowledge of him not having the flush isn't a good thing. Let us collectively act on the same info you had at the time.

The hand:

Flop: I would definitely bet full pot here. I want to take it down.

Turn: I would probably check/fold here. His calling range on the flop has you killed.

River: Check/fold again. You're unimproved and villain has shown he has something.