PDA

View Full Version : 25 USD - I suck playing draws in no limit... hilfe!

K䲰䮥n
03-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Pretty readless. Manually converted. PF raise is meh but don't give it atenttion.

Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 3: Yorksh1rePud ( $ 38.68 USD )
Seat 5: Hero ( $ 25.30 USD )
Seat 2: betkev ( $ 25.70 USD )
Seat 6: BENGAN277 ( $ 28.02 USD )
Seat 4: DoktorZoidberg ( $ 14.23 USD )
Seat 1: lunaysol ( $ 28.65 USD )

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero raises [$ 1 USD]
BENGAN277 calls [$ 1 USD]
lunaysol calls [$ 1 USD]
Yorksh1rePud folds
DoktorZoidberg calls [$ 0.75 USD]

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
DoktorZoidberg bets [$ 0.92 USD]
Hero calls [$ 0.92 USD]
BENGAN277 calls [$ 0.92 USD]
lunaysol raises [$ 3.50 USD]
DoktorZoidberg calls [$ 2.58 USD]
Hero?

Xanta
03-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Super standard call, both the initial bet and the raise were tiny and it's going to be 3way? Count me in with 8 outs to the nuts and more potential callers behind me. Your equity edge here is way too big to pass up.

K䲰䮥n
03-29-2007, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Super standard call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking of pushing.

Xanta
03-29-2007, 04:06 PM
I hand't considered that /images/graemlins/smile.gif

What are you representing?
To me that looks pretty transparent. If you had a monster on such a drawy board, you would have raised the initial bet to charge draws. As such, you can never rep a set or an overpair here, your hand just looks like what it is, a draw trying to get FE once the pot is big enough.

K䲰䮥n
03-29-2007, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hand't considered that /images/graemlins/smile.gif

What are you representing?
To me that looks pretty transparent. If you had a monster on such a drawy board, you would have raised the initial bet to charge draws. As such, you can never rep a set or an overpair here, your hand just looks like what it is, a draw trying to get FE once the pot is big enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found it pretty damn hard to represent any hand at any point at these stakes /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I've only played 10k cash hands but these villains seem just as donkastic as they do in every low-limit form of poker...

Waingro
03-29-2007, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Super standard call.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah those where the two option I considered as well. There is a lot of dead money in the pot. Obviously if they have nothing better than an overpair you are golden. I lean towards a call because:

1. I don´t think you have much fe. I think mr flopraiser is pretty likely to have a hand he likes.
2. You don´t really have odds to get it in unless your A outs are good some of the time.
3. I think you are pretty likely to get paid off when you hit. Especially from a lower fd, but also from a sd that could hit, 2pair+. Add to that the really juicy pot odds.

K䲰䮥n
03-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Okay. I did call. Here's when it gets really interesting:

** Dealing Turn ** [ 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
DoktorZoidberg bets [$ 3.84 USD]
Hero?

DoktorZoidberg suddenly gets exited on his hand. Hero has the odds to call but the flop raiser is yet to act!

Kimo White Devil
03-29-2007, 04:42 PM
*grunch*

Im not skilled either but lately ive found by exprience that I have way less difficulty playing draws in position.

as played, I not sure you have 9 outs in that hand looking at the action. Small bet from BB, small raise from the guy in position looks like a steal attempt. you have the odds to just call and see next card, but Im sure you have FE against the flop-raiser and you draw to a better flush than BB.

So depending if Ive run good and have money to gambool for that session, Id reraise all-in there.

But normally id call and c/f turn

Waingro
03-29-2007, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay. I did call. Here's when it gets really interesting:

** Dealing Turn ** [ 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
DoktorZoidberg bets [$ 3.84 USD]
Hero?

DoktorZoidberg suddenly gets exited on his hand. Hero has the odds to call but the flop raiser is yet to act!

[/ QUOTE ]
Urk. I think your first action should be to find out where this drZoid lives and beat him with a stick.

I´m not really worried about him. How big is the pot, did the fourth guy call as well on the flop?

BobAllinSki
03-30-2007, 07:23 AM
I'd personaly raise zoid's first weak assed 1/4 pot bet, they so often fold these and you will likely get the choice to take a free card plus if its re-raised significantly behind you you have a fairly easy fold.

Fiksdal
03-30-2007, 07:33 AM
I think DoktorZoidberg's line looks a lot like two spades, so our implied odds are huge if we hit. I like a call here.

Loc0Loc0
03-30-2007, 07:34 AM
Turn most easiest call ever getting those odds?

You have a FD and a bellybuster ... (belly only 2 effective outs thou)
With the pot odds 4 to 1 it is an easy call. The problem come on the river right?

AusDerBunker
04-01-2007, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Super standard call.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So was I ... with two overs it is a no brainer, here there is only one over ... and it might be tainted .... still, a push can't be a big mistake

Turn is looks like a call.

Dr_Doctr
04-01-2007, 03:09 PM
I wouldn't push at this limit - I don't think fold equity is good enough, esp. with a bet and raise on flop. But these situations are great - call like Phil Hellmuth called Barry Greenstein's push with top-two on High Stakes Poker - I'm sure some of you saw that /images/graemlins/grin.gif