View Full Version : 25NL: QQ on the button vs. blinds

C4LL4W4Y
03-29-2007, 12:39 PM
villain is 22/9/1.5 through 100 hands

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.10/$0.25 Blinds
6 Players
Lego Poker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $20.55
BB: $14.70
UTG: $105.70
MP: $26.80
CO: $8.20
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $40.20</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.35, 6 Players)
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Hero raises to $1, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($3, 3 Players)
SB bets $1, BB calls $1, Hero raises to $6.50, SB calls $5.50, BB folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($17, 2 Players)
SB bets $3

DerrtySlime
03-29-2007, 12:46 PM
shove?

Abelardo
03-29-2007, 12:51 PM
yeah shove looks good

juanepr
03-29-2007, 12:57 PM
SB is so short, there seems like nothing left to do but put him in.

hunt1897
03-29-2007, 01:34 PM
My question is, why raise so much on flop? You mentioned you are a tourney player, the answer you give will tell a lot. As played Push. But I would not raise so much on flop on this kind of board, very scary for any big pair. You are going broke here a lot. Most cash game players go broke here with 1010,JJ,QQ,KK,AA.

C4LL4W4Y
03-29-2007, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My question is, why raise so much on flop? You mentioned you are a tourney player, the answer you give will tell a lot. As played Push. But I would not raise so much on flop on this kind of board, very scary for any big pair. You are going broke here a lot. Most cash game players go broke here with 1010,JJ,QQ,KK,AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look man before I say anything, going broke on a play where I'm supposed to go broke doesn't faze me. I was a tourney player, yes, but I don't think that has much to do with this hand.

The pot is $5 when it reaches my action on the flop. There's three to a straight out there but there are also two people that have to act behind me.

I don't know how much you suggest raising to, but raising slightly more than the pot when I was the PF aggressor w/ two callers, on a board like this seems pretty standard.

Autocratic
03-29-2007, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop raise is totally standard IMO.

DannyOcean_
03-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Is going broke here with QQ/JJ totally standard?

C4LL4W4Y
03-29-2007, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is going broke here with QQ/JJ totally standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure, which is why i posted the hand

tarheeljks
03-29-2007, 02:13 PM
looks fine to me, just calling on the flop w/ obviously be a huge mistake and pushing on the flop is just cowardly.

DannyOcean_
03-29-2007, 02:17 PM
With AA or KK I think I'm definitely getting it in. Too likely that the donk bets are villians on a draw.

In my experience, most of the time a villian donk bets an obv. draw board, they are drawing and trying to put a lame blocking bet on you. I would expect to see OESD a ton here, as well as OESD+pair, like T9. Possible he also has the diamonds.

I probably push, I think with a powerful hand we are more likely to have been attacked back hard on the flop. The 3 doesnt hit any draw, so he minbets again. There's no way we can fold to a 3 dollar bet in this pot, and we are committed to call another donkbet if a scare card does hit, so I think I like a push with QQ/JJ. If the board was dry and drawless, I like this play much less. But these donk bets are draws so often (not everytime, but often) that I am willing to get it in.

boycalledroy
03-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Yeah you are definatly going broke now. You dont have to worry about 1st in, it's the guy behind him that you generally fear, and he has said "thats it". The $1 is prolly an OESD and he just paid you to make it, go busto, don't let him draw for cheap.