PDA

View Full Version : 50NL TPFD

JerBear77
03-29-2007, 09:50 AM
Hero: $57
Villian $85

.50 Blind 6 Handed

Hero has T /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

<font color="red"> Villian raises 1.75 </font>Hero calls, folded around.

HU to the flop of

T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

<font color="red">Villian bets pot ($4.75)</font> <font color="green"> Hero Raises pot ($17) </font>, Villian Pushes......

Vyse
03-29-2007, 09:54 AM
RR PF

I can't see stack sizes and too lazy to do math in the morning so I dunno if $17 raise is too much. Looks like it is.

Hero folds.

Abelardo
03-29-2007, 09:57 AM
There's a lot of money in the middle so it's an auto-call. please include reads, positions (villain UTG and you're MP? something can be said about your preflop call if so), at least you posted stack sizes...

Jouster777
03-29-2007, 10:08 AM
An overpair is most likely here and you are coinflipping against them. TPTK or a set would be worse but still clearly need to get it in here against villain's range.

Loc0Loc0
03-29-2007, 10:17 AM
78 to 40

2 to 1 odds...

I've you think you make it call.. Else you should fold /images/graemlins/smile.gif
(But you can call here /images/graemlins/smile.gif ithink)

slickss
03-29-2007, 10:38 AM
I expect to see JJ-AA a lot here. Posting his stats would help us narrow it down.

If he has the overpair then you have 2+3+9 = 14 outs. IMHO you have to call that. What are most afraid of seeing is a set, but that is a bit unlikely I think.

Raiseren1
03-29-2007, 10:43 AM
No brainer this is a call. I don't even want to do math here, but you win this one around 40-45% of the time.

Jouster777
03-29-2007, 10:43 AM
We are 44% against a range of all sets, all overpairs, and AT
(adding suited overcards doesn't change it)

JerBear77
03-29-2007, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There's a lot of money in the middle so it's an auto-call. please include reads, positions (villain UTG and you're MP? something can be said about your preflop call if so), at least you posted stack sizes...

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian is in MP and I am next to him.

Since its 6max i didn't feel that it was necessary to distinguish between UTG raise and MP raise. Player was ok, maybe 20%VP.

The other thought i had here was to just call the flop but then I knew he would not let me draw out because he was pretty solid....

Do we like preflop and flop play here? Yea, i think once i raised the potsize i have to call the AI.

monkover
03-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Why didnīt you use a converter? Anyways, I think there is no way around calling. Youīr probably up against an overpair and thatīs a coinflip so call...

marvin_1935
03-29-2007, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There's a lot of money in the middle so it's an auto-call.

[/ QUOTE ]

slickss
03-29-2007, 11:53 AM
That said, I would reconsider the size of your raise. I usually make it like $12-13 here.

Abelardo
03-29-2007, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian is in MP and I am next to him.

Since its 6max i didn't feel that it was necessary to distinguish between UTG raise and MP raise. Player was ok, maybe 20%VP.

The other thought i had here was to just call the flop but then I knew he would not let me draw out because he was pretty solid....

Do we like preflop and flop play here? Yea, i think once i raised the potsize i have to call the AI.

[/ QUOTE ]
Position is important because you might have the rest of the players next to act so some of the time you won't end up in absolute position post-flop (something you really want with this type of hand) and also someone could RR and you're out, here you really want the button to fold so you can have it and I don't mind calling.
Postflop I think is good, not all the times this is an overpair and you have an excellent hand, you have tons of outs, so it's great to build a pot now because our bigger bets on later streets have a greater chance of being called down when we hit.