PDA

View Full Version : Played A Full House Cautiously

rapidacid
03-29-2007, 08:38 AM
No stats on villain ... after my flop raise I was real concerned about 99 ... and then on the turn 89 and 86 were living under my bed ... comments please

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($67.55)
UTG+1 ($49)
MP1 ($50)
MP2 ($85.75)
CO ($78.45)
Hero ($100.70)
SB ($49)
BB ($48)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.75) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1.5</font>, CO calls $1.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, BB folds, CO calls $3.50.

Turn: ($13.25) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $5.5</font>, Hero calls $5.50.

River: ($24.25) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $15</font>, Hero ?

prodonkey
03-29-2007, 08:53 AM
I'd raise preflop after 1 limper most of the time. You do have bottom full.. but I'd definetely raise him on the turn. Prolly make it 15 right there, then bet like 30 on river.

lemming
03-29-2007, 09:06 AM
Raise preflop with 66 on button! Makes a lot easier imo... Then c-bet will likely get raised on a flop like that if somebody has hit...

You need to get control of this pot, don't just let him do all the work, I don't like being too passive with a set, mostly turns out terrible!

ama0330
03-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Blah blah raise preflop if you want. I would.

Id push the turn here, youre killing his range in this limped pot. As played I would just call the river. I think if he has one of the few hands which beat you I would just put it down to a really bad cooler, I feel pretty good about getting stacked here.

rapidacid
03-29-2007, 09:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Blah blah raise preflop if you want. I would.

Id push the turn here, youre killing his range in this limped pot. As played I would just call the river. I think if he has one of the few hands which beat you I would just put it down to a really bad cooler, I feel pretty good about getting stacked here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't pushing on the turn bad because we lose someone with a 7 or a heart draw? I want something to hit on the river.

Looking back at it, I played this hand absolutely terrible ... yea, preflop is bla bla, everyone raises sometimes, everyone calls sometimes ... flop and turn can be played differently, but the river is a raise because everything just got there. This guy had a bigger stack too so I should've made some serious cash.

BobAllinSki
03-29-2007, 10:18 AM
Raise pre-flop as said.

The flops good, not that likely for a made straight but a lot of combo draws out there, you definately dont want to be raising small here, to 5 seems right

the turn is very good, 89 &amp; 86 are going to stack you and playing passively will do nothing to stop that, you need to concentrate on winning the most you can with this hand off the rest of villains range that you now crush. A raise is really needed on this turn, you have to go for his whole stack, assuming weak made hands and combo draws to a second best hand are the majority of this range you want to raise but not so big that you blow these hands out, to 20-25 or so should be fine, call any shove and shove any river.

Bonesy
03-29-2007, 10:32 AM
I would raise more on the flop. In an unraised pot, who knows what kind of cheezy draws are out there. I would raise the turn and raise the river. There are many hands you are ahead of that villain would play like this.

Abelardo
03-29-2007, 10:37 AM
PF ok, whatever suits you but you can raise as well.
I might raise more on the flop but not that much, probably around 7 or 6 maybe.
Got to raise this turn and could try a big raise, make him think you got a 7 and if he has one I don't think he's going anywhere, and push the river once you get there unless something terrible falls like an 8 or 9.