PDA

View Full Version : 25NL KK in postition

Dastone
03-29-2007, 08:03 AM
Villain is 33/17/1.15

I think villain may be feeling hostile towards me, because he immediatley cussed in the chat after a showdown, when my A6 > his slowly played AK from the BB two orbits ago.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $33.75
Hero: $57
CO: $26.70
Button: $31.70
SB: $25.30
BB: $26.15

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, 3 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($1.8, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $3.5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($8.8, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $5</font>, Hero calls.

River: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($18.8, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $18</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB calls all-in $16.8</font>.
Uncalled bets: $1.2 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $52.4

Line check. Is this fine on all streets post flop?

ama0330
03-29-2007, 09:04 AM
I would re-raise the flop. I feel like he has some kind of a draw and the board is super hairy. If hes on tilt then hes likely to call you all in with his draw anyway which is nice for you. His flop raise is tiny which screams to me like hes bluffing. Id pop him to 11 on the flop and Id probably call a push too.

As played I think that you have to fold the turn as Im pretty sure that hes got you, my experience of NL25 is that players are unlikely to lead like this without the goods.

As played I would certainly check this river behind, you are not beating much that would call this bet at all. Just check and see a showdown, it does seem like the check is a trap after his strong turn play.

Dastone
03-29-2007, 07:29 PM
My thinking at the time was that villain was behind on the flop. In my mind I couldn't narrow villain's hand down to either a set or the straight. I figured a flush draw was a possibility, as well as a pair and straight draw or a smaller over pair. With this in mind, I think I should have reraised. I think we can agree that this is where the biggest mistake is.

I really didn't like the turn card since I had put the flush draw at the forefront of villains range, but since I figure villain is going to bet this street no matter what, I decided to call planning to evaluate the river.

My thinking on the river was that villain would not check a set, straight, two pair, or a flush. I thought that he had likely figured out what I had by now, and that he just wanted to see a showdown. Which would mean he has some sort of hand that has showdown value, and so I could now bet him for value. If he had a monster I don't think he would have checked, for fear I would check behind, but if he bets the river I think he knows I may have to call because of my hand, and the size of the pot. So this is why I bet the river. I don't know what he put me on, but he called with a pocket pair of 6's.

I think I played this hand poorly early in the hand, but deduced correctly later on, and got full value for the hand.

Abelardo
03-29-2007, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would re-raise the flop. I feel like he has some kind of a draw and the board is super hairy. If hes on tilt then hes likely to call you all in with his draw anyway which is nice for you. His flop raise is tiny which screams to me like hes bluffing. Id pop him to 11 on the flop and Id probably call a push too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, except that I would certainly call a push.

DannyOcean_
03-29-2007, 09:13 PM
I like 3betting flop, but I think the turn is a definite fold. If you really had a strong read that villian was spewing, ok i guess but also realize that in a standard hand you'd probably need to fold this.

Dastone
03-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Thanks, that's the reason why I posted this hand, to hopefully get reinforcement. Eventhough I won the hand I don't think I played it optimally. I largley followed my instincts, but I think a part of that read included not being able to release my big pair.