PDA

View Full Version : value bet bluff?

kurto
03-29-2007, 02:45 AM
Villian in this hand is playing approx 26%/24%. Very aggressive. He is a thinking opponent and has made some laydowns.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Hero ($111.30)
UTG ($73.80)
MP ($46.05)
Button ($101.15)
SB ($45.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, Button calls $4.

Turn: ($12.25) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $8</font>, Hero calls $8.

River: ($28.25) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $38</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $80.25

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Button doesn't show.
Outcome: Button wins $80.25. </font>

He thought a long time before reraising. Afterwards he said he had a flush. I hadn't done anything out of line so I don't know that he would put me on a bluff necessarily.

Am I unlucky that he has what I'm trying to represent or is my line not convincing?

rakes.a.beach
03-29-2007, 03:56 AM
Don't play OOP against a thinking villian. I'd def slow down after turn, but that might be result oriented. I don't like triple barrel bluffing oop at 50NL.

tw0please
03-29-2007, 04:04 AM
What is villain's impression of you, if any?

Preflop: I 3bet this against this villain, folding isn't bad either. I don't like a flat call at all.

Flop: c/f, I don't see any point in pure bluffing here.

Turn: as played, bet again. By donking the flop you are repping a monster, would you c/c here with 88?

River: Bet more, 22 sounds good. 1/2 pot looks like KQ trying to get to showdown.

Genz
03-29-2007, 05:57 AM
If you play this oop against a solid opponent, you'll have trouble extracting the most when you actually hit the big hand you are hoping for with stacks so deep.

I don't get your turn call. Did you call because you wanted to bluff any diamond? Please give a reason for that.

I think I either give it up on the flop here or I float him by c/c the flop and leading or c/r'ing the turn.

kurto
03-29-2007, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you play this oop against a solid opponent, you'll have trouble extracting the most when you actually hit the big hand you are hoping for with stacks so deep.

I don't get your turn call. Did you call because you wanted to bluff any diamond? Please give a reason for that.

I think I either give it up on the flop here or I float him by c/c the flop and leading or c/r'ing the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was calling the turn with the expectation of bluffing any diamond. I figured my line would make sense.

Semi-bluffing my flush draw on the flop. Slowdown on the turn. Value betting my flush.

kurto
03-29-2007, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What is villain's impression of you, if any?

[/ QUOTE ]

tight. rarely out of line. Which is the only reason I attempted this.

[ QUOTE ]
River: Bet more, 22 sounds good. 1/2 pot looks like KQ trying to get to showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

What bothers me most is the size of my bet. Though I would often bet 1/2 if I'm 'milking someone.'

kurto
03-29-2007, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't play OOP against a thinking villian. I'd def slow down after turn, but that might be result oriented. I don't like triple barrel bluffing oop at 50NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the only reason I'm trying this OOP is because he's a thinking player.

Machavelli
03-29-2007, 11:20 AM
I generally don't like floating without any outs. This just doesn't seem like a good spot to try this.

fees
03-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Avoid bluffing OOP (naked bluffing), strong leads are ok, second barrels probably aren't