PDA

View Full Version : 50NL: River block

RunDownHouse
03-29-2007, 12:52 AM
Is it basically really stupid to bet this river? My thought was that a) he wouldn't raise with less than a straight, and b) my hand isn't worth a PSB. So I took a sort of stab at what I thought my hand was worth, with some FE (not much, I doubt two-pair goes away very often) and some won't-have-to-call-a-PSB equity thrown in, and bet that much. Durr?

Villain is 40/20. I haven't seen him get way out of line, although I have seen him do some calling pf and flop in position and betting if checked to. So not a checkbot passive fish, but not really aggressive, either.

I think I play bad.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.25/$0.50 Blinds
6 Players
Lego Poker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
<font color="black">Hero (SB): $59.45</font>
BB: $26.35
UTG: $47
MP: $57.25
CO: $22.30
BTN: $68.20

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.75, 6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.50, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, BB folds, MP calls $2.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($6.50, 2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $8</font>, Hero calls $4

<font color="black">Turn:</font> K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($22.50, 2 Players)
Hero checks, MP checks

<font color="black">River:</font> 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($22.50, 2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $10</font>...

Brian O'Nolan
03-29-2007, 02:16 AM
As played I think a river bet is OK, buuut... what are you doing on the flop? This isn't a good flop to c-bet for one. Just fold to his stupid minraise- you are OOP and your hand sucks. You probably aren't stacking him that high a % of the time when you do hit your gutshot because they always put you on AK.