PDA

View Full Version : Help me play JJ better. *Multiple Hands*

goat_beard
03-29-2007, 12:12 AM
alright so if u see a misplay here let me know.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.05/$0.10 Blinds
6 Players
Lego Poker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $8.25
<font color="black">BB: $10</font>
UTG: $24.55
MP: $3
<font color="green">CO: $19.65</font>
<font color="green">Hero (BTN): $11.85</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.15, 6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.40</font>, Hero calls $0.40, SB folds, BB calls $0.30

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif ($1.25, 3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">CO bets $1.20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.60</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $11.10</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $11.45</font>, CO calls $0.35

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($24.15, 2 Players - 1 All-In)
No Action

<font color="black">River:</font> 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($24.15, 2 Players - 1 All-In)
No Action

Pot Size: $24.15 ($2 Rake)

Full Tilt Poker
$0.05/$0.10 Blinds
5 Players

<font color="green">Hero (SB): $12.15</font>
BB: $5.20
UTG: $4.25
<font color="green">CO: $5.35</font>
Hero (small blind): $0

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.15, 4 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.20</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.70, 2 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1.80, 2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1.80, 2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.45</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.90</font>, Hero calls $1.45

<font color="black">River:</font> 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($7.60, 2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets all-in for $1.70</font>, Hero calls $1.70

Pot Size: $11 ($1 Rake)

Full Tilt Poker
$0.05/$0.10 Blinds
7 Players

SB: $6.15
BB: $16.75
UTG: $11.15
<font color="green">UTG+1: $19</font>
MP: $6.20
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $9.80</font>
<font color="green">UTG+1 collected: $9.70</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.15, 6 Players)
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $0.50</font>, MP calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $5</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $3

<font color="black">Flop:</font> K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($10.75, 2 Players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($10.75, 2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets $4.80</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $4.80 returned to UTG+1

Archon_Wing
03-29-2007, 12:25 AM
1.) This is a really dry flop. I do think you're beat but then your odds to call the allin isn't too bad. Maybe if you know he'll overplay TT like this this is fine.

2.) Preflop you have no set odds because they are both short. I think it's fold/raise here.

Fold to turn minraise. You aren't going anywhere and he has very little behind.

3.) Fold to the preflop 4 bet.

bsheck
03-29-2007, 12:26 AM
I don't understand your reasoning at all in hand 1. You flat called preflop. Eh, not the worst play in the world but then you play it like it's the nuts on the flop. When CO comes back over the top of your flop raise, you have to fold. He's representing an overpair, and there's only one you beat. Most likely he has AA, KK, QQ.

Hand 2 I guess the call is reasonable, but this is where reads come in. If CO is a tight reraiser, I think you should fold. Even if you could have the best hand, your position is poor so folding isn't that big of a deal. Flop check is fine, as is turn lead. Once he raises though, you have to be aware that you're playing for the rest of his stack. Since he only has $1.70 behind, he's probably putting it in on the river. So basically you want to commit $3.15 more here or fold. I would tend to fold. The raise after a flop check probably means he slowplayed a big hand, maybe KK or 99, maybe he even got creative with AK after the flop.

3rd hand fold preflop. You're getting like 2.5:1 on that final call and there's not enough money left for you to get set odds.

boycalledroy
03-29-2007, 12:26 AM
I fold to the push on hand one. The board is pretty safe for highcards. The only hand you genuinely beat is 1010. AA, KK, QQ and all the sets do you.

Hand 2 I cbet and fold to a raise, and slow right down if called.

Hand 3 you want to fold preflop to the re-re-raise, or smoothcall and play flop onwards.

Kasane
03-29-2007, 01:17 AM
1) RR PF. Post flop: you didn't narrow the range pf, flop is dry (he's not pushing a straight or flush) and the best you can hope for is TT -- fold to the 3 bet unless you think he's stacking off with top pair from previously viewed play.

2) I know it sucks to fold JJ pf, but if you're unwilling to 4bet that pf (and for half stacks, I think I am) then get out. You're out of position and odds are you're going to be uncomfortable somewhere in this hand unless you hit a set -- and you don't have the odds to hit a set. Flop chk good. Turn bet is fine. Fold to aggression. Almost nothing that you beat except air plays this way and it's not air enough to call here without a read.

3) I think I fold to the flop strength shown. AK pushes more often than not, and everything else has us crushed. Note that holding JJ we don't shave anything off their range of premium hands; AK means it's less likely they have AA or KK. JJ leaves all the Aces, Kings and Queens(!) out in play.

Your flop raise is fine -- just know that sometimes it saves you money later.

Post flop fold is fine, you beat nothing at this point.

Overall, I note that nowhere did you give a smidgen of a read. Reads let you narrow ranges and help the comment process.

rebuyboy
03-29-2007, 01:43 AM
wow there is alot of rake