PDA

View Full Version : 25NL double barreling JJ

Supwithbates
03-28-2007, 10:41 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($14.20)
UTG ($31.40)
Hero ($25)
Button ($35.30)
SB ($28.05)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, Button calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($2.35) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.75</font>, Button calls $1.75.

Turn: ($5.85) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.5</font>

My friend observing me play says he has a note on villain saying "overplays pocket pairs"

His stats are tight but he's already called one of my preflop raises with suited connectors, and I feel as if on this board double JJ could still be ahead of his range, betting might fold out a queen, and it could also get value from a lower pair (since the board is paired)

Betting also prevents him from trying to bet me off the best hand if he assumes i made a cbet and gave up

boycalledroy
03-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Well the problem here is you have made a small bet twice into a pot oop. You really need to bet $2 on the flop and $5 on the turn, I have no idea if you are good or not, he might be on a flush draw, he might be on a king. Who knows.

Pirelli
03-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Based on your read I think it is fine to do sometimes. Make it $4.5 though.

Supwithbates
03-28-2007, 10:54 PM
the reason i put out small bets was to encourage action from the hands I beat, namely the small pocket pairs that he may overvalue, while not building an overly large pot with a hand that won't be good if it faces a lot of action.

orange
03-28-2007, 10:57 PM
meh, dont really like it as much. a K didnt really change much. your folding out hands that peeled the flop like 88 that we currently beat. sure, your charging diamond draws again, but you still wont know if he's calling you down with a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif draw or a K when you bet the turn.

i would generally check and see what he does. if he bets, probably fold.

Supwithbates
03-28-2007, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
meh, dont really like it as much. a K didnt really change much. your folding out hands that peeled the flop like 88 that we currently beat. sure, your charging diamond draws again, but you still wont know if he's calling you down with a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif draw or a K when you bet the turn.

i would generally check and see what he does. if he bets, probably fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
obv that's the default line, but if you think he's calling the second barrel with TT-66 then does that change anything?

derosnec
03-28-2007, 11:09 PM
with two overcards, including the dreaded K (which everyone at 25nl folds to when against a pfr), i doubt he's calling with 66-TT. check, if he bets, he likely isn't on a draw.