PDA

View Full Version : qq hand ... flop check raise

jordiepop
03-28-2007, 09:24 PM
thanks for the help on all these hands.

no reads on villian . flop check min raises suck, but when he bet weak on the turn i figured it was a hand like a9 , I feel like this shove was bad, like some help

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
Hero: $24.65
CO: $37.10
Button: $30.45
SB: $24.40
BB: $22.40

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, CO calls, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2.65, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.25</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $4.5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($11.65, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $3</font>, hero bets $18

jordiepop
03-28-2007, 09:48 PM
bizump

RickA
03-28-2007, 09:54 PM
I agree with your reasoning. I have a hard time differentiating whether these small bets from LP's are their attempt at value betting with a big hand or a scared attempt to test you with TP.

boycalledroy
03-28-2007, 10:31 PM
This board is super dry and he is c/r min raise. This screams in my face SET SET SET SET SET SET SET SET. I'd have called and called again.

KEW
03-28-2007, 10:45 PM
Villain line makes no sense...I would not like calling but I feel uncomfortable raising...These weak sauce bets are either the nuts or a very weak hands...Make a special note when ever you see a player making these bets they will do it over and over again...Then you can exploit this line to the fullest...With that being and villain only having $14 left I call the turn and get it AI on a safe river..

losingdonkey
03-28-2007, 10:53 PM
call turn for pot control

Pirelli
03-28-2007, 10:57 PM
I think that calling is better. There are no draws that are particularly scary.

Also, when you raise you have to be ahead like 2/3 of the time when called and I don't see that being the case here.

He's letting you get to showdown cheaply. Take the offer.

Steam Iron
03-28-2007, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
call turn for pot control

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it.

Kasane
03-29-2007, 02:15 AM
Yucky spot.

I don't think your raise is bad, actually. Readless, I think it's about EV neutral between raising and calling. A c/mr on a drawless flop is often a moderately strong hand. here that would be 9x, TT, JJ. A call commits you to just about any river card -- what's in there? $18, with $11 in villain's stack? Pot control isn't going to save you much, not like when you chk behind in position with TPGK or better. If you call turn, it'll be to call most rivers anyway.

Why raise then? Well, when he bets small and you raise -- and I've seen this time and again -- they'll call thinking it was their small donk that made you raise air and call with their moderate hand.

Sure it's a set sometimes and you lose and you'll feel played. And that sucks. I think I see "It's a set" too often -- ask yourself how often you see a set yourself.