PDA

View Full Version : 50nl FTP - 4 bet shove with JTd

Leviathan101
03-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
Hero: $76.60
CO: $5.75
Button: $88.15
SB: $30.50
BB: $53.30

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises all-in $5.75</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $76.6</font>

This needs some explaining.

My raise UTG is pretty standard for me.

My image is pretty tight at the moment.
I was running 18/16/4 over around 30 hands. I hadn't turned over any bluffs.

CO is a donk, and likely to shove a huge range of hands. JTs is only a marginal dog against his range, so when CO, shoves I obv call if we go heads up.

BTN is a TAG player with stats of 18.57/13.03/2.56 over 300 hands. He seems ok, but is recorded as a losing player. I think he is kinda weak tight. I don't think he would cold call with JJ+, but he might.

SB is a Donkey with a capital D. I've only seem him play for a few hands, but he played at least half of them and is likely commiting money here with a weak hand.

That said... shove is + or -EV? And also, is just calling better?
opinions?

fees
03-29-2007, 05:21 PM
Uhm you have a hand thats a monster in multiway pots, call and flop a monster then stack ppl obv.. if u miss OH NOES!

Xanta
03-29-2007, 05:37 PM
The part about SB being a donkey is what made this a call to me. The looser he is, the wider his initial calling range is, but so too is his shove calling range. We really really really want to take this down uncontested if we shove, since we're pretty far behind SBs calling range. Good idea looking to trap dead money though.

prodonkey
03-29-2007, 05:40 PM
I don't raise that utg.. but ok. Shoving over top is going to make the other guys fold 99% of the time, and you're going to be heads up with co and most likely not a fav to win the hand.. why not let the other people call?

BobAllinSki
03-30-2007, 07:18 AM
I'd call, protected pots suit draws quiet well as people tend to play them more passively.

Loc0Loc0
03-30-2007, 07:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd call, protected pots suit draws quiet well as people tend to play them more passively.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree!

The BTN calls a re-raise where the IR is UTG! (Strength!! Probably not raising because he has aces and don't want to scare you off. Don't see him calling with marginal hands here.)

I'd call en re-eval on the flop