PDA

View Full Version : tough spot against an unknown

gedanken
03-28-2007, 04:47 PM
It seems like 80-90% of the hands posted here come with no reads on the villain. Either we just sat down or she did. Naturally, this is going to lead to some head scratching and therefore hand posting.

Does anyone play ultra-tight -- and maybe shortstacked -- for a few orbits to get a handle on who's who?

I play on PokerStars (NL10 full-ring). Should I take their prohibition on datamining seriously, or am I a fool to sit at a table without collecting 20 or 30 hands of data first? Sure would make it easier to know whether a particular seat was good.

ssdex
03-28-2007, 05:31 PM
i think a good/great idea here is to find a player that plays routinely at the limit you do, a regular, someone with 50k/hands a month......... and buy their database if you are serious about stats and numbers and picking a good seat, hopefully you have pt and pokerhud?

uppie_
03-28-2007, 05:37 PM
or if you want to play on ub www.mypokerintel.com (http://www.mypokerintel.com) is good they have datamined cash games on ub or recieved everyones cash data from ub so it scouts the tables for.

the reason there is no read on anyone 90% of the time because very few online players sit at a table for even 70 hands so every round or 2 you have new guys jumping in and it takes a lot longer then that to get a read on someone.