PDA

View Full Version : NL 50 AQ facing aggression

ChimneyImp
03-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
9 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $100.35
UTG+1: $50
MP1: $49
Hero: $53.60
MP3: $18.50
CO: $65.55
Button: $30.15
SB: $83.95
BB: $36.40

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $4.5</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($13.5, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $10</font>, BB folds, Hero...?

Edit: Added stack sizes.

CanYouDigIt
03-28-2007, 03:55 PM
I think I would fold preflop unless the opponent is a LAG,

need stake sizes too but you called PF which should mean that you consider TPTK good against this opponent.

gedanken
03-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Isn't this is the absolute best flop you can hope for with AQo? If you don't raise here, why did you call PF?

I play 10nl, where a cbet would be essentially mandatory after 3betting preflop, maybe it's different here.

Stake Monster
03-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Questionable play pf depending on how the villain plays. But since you did hit a queen i'd raise his flop bet. He has 2 hands here that have you beat, and another 2 I doubt he'd 3-bet with pf (pocket 2 or 7s)

Machavelli
03-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Tough spot. Any reads on villain? Without reads I'm probably letting this go. Assuming his re-rasing range is AA-JJ and AK then were either WA/WB situation - most likely behind.

Even if we hit our ace on the turn we don't know if it helps or not. Given villain is at 165bbs I'm going to give him credit once. Make a note and move on.

Check_The_Nuts
03-28-2007, 04:31 PM
Preflop sucks. This is why.

[ QUOTE ]
Tough spot. Any reads on villain? Without reads I'm probably letting this go. Assuming his re-rasing range is AA-JJ and AK then were either WA/WB situation - most likely behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I called preflop I would def. call this postflop, but thats only because I would think he could make this play with KQ/QJ/QT.....

versus unknown I assume above range and fold preflop....

Machavelli
03-28-2007, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop sucks. This is why.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In general I agree with this. Lets remember though one mistake shouldn't have to lead to another. With a PSB cbet in a reraised preflop situation thats a very strong move, thats part of the reason I fold.

If I called preflop I would def. call this postflop, but thats only because I would think he could make this play with KQ/QJ/QT.....

versus unknown I assume above range and fold preflop....

[/ QUOTE ]

Vyse
03-28-2007, 04:45 PM
raise to $30

Machavelli
03-28-2007, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
raise to $30

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising to 30 leaves us with about $20 behind. We wont be able to fold to a shove (almost 4:1 at that point). If thats the plan why not shove now and create a bit more fold equity?

ChimneyImp
03-28-2007, 05:02 PM
So the consensus seems to be I should've folded to his 3bet and thus not gotten myself into this position? In hindsight, a preflop fold definitely seems correct, but as played, is the best play here to fold? If not, is it a call, minraise, or push?

KEW
03-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Full Ring is the proper forum for this hand...But anyway from what I remember of full ring I can count on 1 hand the times I got 3 bet from the Blind with less then QQ+ or AK...Fold to the re-raise..

As played I will call the flop bet and fold if bet into again on the turn..Do not raise only a better hand calls you and no better hand is folding..The ONLY hand a raise is protecting against is AK spades other hands at moat have 3 outs vs you...A raise will also committ you to call a shove..