PDA

View Full Version : NL25: Playing SC on the button how is this line?

whizzle
03-28-2007, 07:05 AM
I had no reads on the villian just sat down. I put him on 2 pair or a set after the flop. I'm a 2/3 underdog in that spot@ the flop but my implied odds are hudge right? thoughts?

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $19.05
UTG+1: $27.11
CO: $24.07
Hero: $45.69
SB: $14.26
BB: $15.57

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $0.75</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ($3.75, 5 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $0.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $4</font>, Hero calls, 3 folds.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($13, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO is all-in $19.32</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $19.32 returned to CO.

Results:
Final pot: $13

haz31
03-28-2007, 07:19 AM
This looks ok to me, your outs in this hand are ver likely to be live, so having the pot get multiway when utg/bb overcalls on the flop is good. turn is odviously a fold.

monkover
03-28-2007, 07:35 AM
I donŽt really like your cold call on the flop people will prob say that folding is retarded (I call it a conservative play) but imo the problem is that you may be up against a bigger flush (youŽll have to pay him off) and a set still has a 20% chance of boating on the river...

bozzer
03-28-2007, 08:01 AM
interesting hand. i don't really like a fold or a call on the flop. i was wondering where a push might show a profit.

Board: Js 7s 6c
Dead:

equity
UTG: 26.303% { TT+, 77-66, AsKs, AsQs, AJs, KsQs, AJo }
CO: 37.355% { JJ+, 77-66, AsKs, AsQs, AJs, Ts9s, 9s8s }
Hero: 36.341% { 6s5s }

not sure how realistic these ranges are. anyway a push probably gets you HU against one of them, in which case it's probably a coin flip with a lot of dead money.

Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 54.552% { JJ+, 77-66, AsKs, AsQs, AJs, Ts9s, 9s8s }
Hand 1: 45.448% { 6s5s }

slightly loose calling range given for a caller here, but probably reasonable for microstakes.

whizzle
03-28-2007, 08:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I donŽt really like your cold call on the flop people will prob say that folding is retarded (I call it a conservative play) but imo the problem is that you may be up against a bigger flush (youŽll have to pay him off) and a set still has a 20% chance of boating on the river...

[/ QUOTE ]

So ur saying fold on the flop? Imo pushing here is -ev. That he has a set or 2 pair here is very likely. But folding isn't an option also i think. I'm loosing a lot of value against a set if i spike my flush on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
interesting hand. i don't really like a fold or a call on the flop. i was wondering where a push might show a profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really think villian is on a high flush draw here. He would have 3-bet witth AK or AQ i think. U are also forgetting the 2pairs in this range J7, 67, J6 are al very possible

bozzer
03-28-2007, 08:52 AM
J7 and J6 are not reasonable holdings for an unknown here.

Dead:

Hand 0: 56.333% { JJ+, 77-66, AJs, Ts9s, 9s8s, 76s, 76o }
Hand 1: 43.667% { 6s5s }

i agree i'm not sure about push but you do have pretty good chances against a reasonable range for CO.

BobAllinSki
03-28-2007, 08:57 AM
its fairly marginal on all streets tbh, preflop his raise is weak but so is your hand, the caller suits your holding and the actual result of 4 players to the flop is fine but there is nothing wrong with folding or raising as a squeeze here.

On the flop the action is fairly strong in a weak assed min bet kind of way, there is 3 raises before it reaches you meaning your pair has very little showdown equity, 2 pair might not be good and a better flushdraw is also possible, the biggest problem is that you dont close the betting, there are 2 aggressors left to act after you call so your implied odds arnt as good as they may appear. The problem with pushing is there isnt really much dead money in play so if you get called which is likely your likely to be strongly -e.v. Calling is a bit better but a lot of your outs are dirty so I'd expect to loose a big pot quiet often.

Personaly I'd just fold the flop but it is fairly marginal, the turn is good for you, if it was checked to me I'd definately bet/push this but as it is pushed to you then the fold is best.

whizzle
03-28-2007, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
its fairly marginal on all streets tbh, preflop his raise is weak but so is your hand, the caller suits your holding and the actual result of 4 players to the flop is fine but there is nothing wrong with folding or raising as a squeeze here.

On the flop the action is fairly strong in a weak assed min bet kind of way, there is 3 raises before it reaches you meaning your pair has very little showdown equity, 2 pair might not be good and a better flushdraw is also possible, the biggest problem is that you dont close the betting, there are 2 aggressors left to act after you call so your implied odds arnt as good as they may appear. The problem with pushing is there isnt really much dead money in play so if you get called which is likely your likely to be strongly -e.v. Calling is a bit better but a lot of your outs are dirty so I'd expect to loose a big pot quiet often.

Personaly I'd just fold the flop but it is fairly marginal, the turn is good for you, if it was checked to me I'd definately bet/push this but as it is pushed to you then the fold is best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with u bob. Maybe a fold was better i this spot. Also the view of the implied odds that aren't as great as i might think is a good way of thinking here. Yeah i like ur line. Next time i'm folding this.

Btw guys he turned over J7 /images/graemlins/wink.gif donkements

hunt1897
03-28-2007, 09:25 AM
How about a re-raise pre-flop? As played fold.

TheFoxNL
03-28-2007, 09:32 AM
i would prob fold the flop seeing 2 aggressors left behind you chasing a better flush

03-28-2007, 10:15 AM
I also like being on the conservative site and fold, a set or bigger flush draw are possible and your hand doesnt look to good against those.