PDA

View Full Version : Custom Titles

augie_
01-04-2006, 12:52 AM
Hello all. I am wondering what it takes for a user to be eligible to get a custom title. I would like one! Carpal/'Tunnel is nice but I want the gold baby.

MelK
01-04-2006, 12:55 AM
http://www.musicsupermarket.com/images/dollarsign.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lloyd
01-04-2006, 04:11 AM
Any moderator has the ability to give a custom title. When 2+2 first added moderators other than Mat and the other 2+2 insiders, the moderators went a little nuts and gave out tons of titles. Since then we've taken a much more disciplined, consistent approach to hopefully be fair to all. Within that framework, each moderator has his/her own criteria. For me, I will only give a custom title under 3 situations:

1) the member has accomplished something great (usually in poker) like winning a bracelet or other MAJOR tournament accolades;

2) the member does something that is above and beyond what's expected from even the most valuable members, for example Kneeco for writing the MTT FAQ and Foucault for his work in the MTT anthology;

3) finally, if a Carpal Tunnel member continues to make frequent and valuable contributions to the forum I'd consider giving him/her a custom title (this wouldn't happen when they make Carpal Tunnel but at some point in the future when their post count - again, valuable posts are what's important - would achieve some other even higher title if one existed).

Again, every Mod has their own criteria but since you're a frequent poster in MTT I thought I would share my personal thoughts on the subject matter. So the fastest way to get a custom title from me is to do something unbelievably valuable for the MTT forum.

Good luck.

deacsoft
01-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Be thankful you haven't been stuck with one like mine. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

gilbert
01-06-2006, 04:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Be thankful you haven't been stuck with one like mine. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

what's your IQ?

TStoneMBD
01-06-2006, 05:11 AM
god forbid

Vavavoom
01-06-2006, 05:54 AM
I mean......Hello...

diebitter
01-06-2006, 06:48 AM
I /images/graemlins/heart.gif my title.

I know that's of no use, but I don't care.

MrWookie
01-06-2006, 02:23 PM
Yeah, my personal metric is similar to Lloyd. I tell people who ask me for a custom title that their title has to be some combination of earned, fitting, and funny. My earned criteria very similar to his. However, if the person has something that makes me smile and really suits their activity as a poster, I'll hear it. For example, while I'm not responsible for either of these, Big Steve's "Mississippi Queen" title and Milesdyson's "Fish Beraductor" are just great.

private joker
01-06-2006, 10:56 PM
I selected my own, but the moderator who changed it agreed it was clever and funny (though I'm just now noticing the cases should agree -- so public nuisance should be lowercase).

Sniper
01-06-2006, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(though I'm just now noticing the cases should agree -- so public nuisance should be lowercase).

[/ QUOTE ]

Done!

Nut4Dawgs
01-06-2006, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Done!

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya know, sometimes it's reeeeeealy scary how quick you guys react!

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ddubois
01-09-2006, 09:09 PM
I would be happy with a non-custom title.

MrWookie
01-09-2006, 11:21 PM
Actually, once you're given a custom title, you can't go back to the old promoting system. A mod can make you a "veteran" but you won't graduate to "Pooh-Bah" at the next post level.

MicroBob
01-10-2006, 06:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(though I'm just now noticing the cases should agree -- so public nuisance should be lowercase).

[/ QUOTE ]

Done!

[/ QUOTE ]

thank god a moderator was here to take care of an important matter such as this one.

ChristinaB
01-10-2006, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

thank god a moderator was here to take care of an important matter such as this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it should have been you. This is your forum.

How can you go to the card room or go to sleep when this forum needs you?

We can't have moderators taking their responsibilities so lightly. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Elevens
01-10-2006, 12:37 PM
Custom titles only seem to be cool, if it's fitting. I'd think most of the time, if you have an idea for your own title, it's probably not fitting or cool.

Of course, there are exceptions: Private Joker, for one...

EDIT: Now your title fits you and I highly doubt that was your top choice.

ChristinaB
01-10-2006, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But it should have been you. This is your forum.

How can you go to the card room or go to sleep when this forum needs you?

We can't have moderators taking their responsibilities so lightly. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In light of your new sticky, let me say:

I didn't mean it Bob.

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please don't ban me.

With sugar on top. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MicroBob
01-10-2006, 04:52 PM
ummmm...okay, I won't ban you. (for now!!!!!!!!)

jokerthief
01-14-2006, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I /images/graemlins/heart.gif my title.

I know that's of no use, but I don't care.

[/ QUOTE ]

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif your title too. It's the best one out there. Mine is lame in comparison, but really there is no reason to get excited when you see one of my posts.

JaredL
01-15-2006, 01:14 PM
I wasn't responsible but think yours is very good. Took me a second to figure it out but it's fairly clever. "There must be some way out of here" is too long.

aheravi
01-15-2006, 09:18 PM
http://www.johnohab.com/celebritydoubles/images/SeanConnerysmall.jpg

Alright, Trebek...I'll take custom tities for $500

Mempho
01-16-2006, 12:56 AM
I see you got a custom title. Nice. As for MicroBob, I like the "Internet Superstar" title better. Now that you're a mod, I think you should change it back, Bob (or is this a breach of etiquette?). I think if I had a chance to make my own title, it would be "Serial Bumper" because I tend to bump old threads that people have forgotten.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-17-2006, 07:17 PM
I just want to add that custom titles are very cool... that is all.

CardSharpCook
01-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Someone took my custom title away. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

MrWookie
01-18-2006, 03:37 PM
Well, at least you weren't banned when it was stripped. Or were you?

CardSharpCook
01-19-2006, 12:22 AM
I was not. Though that would have been ironic...

etgryphon
01-19-2006, 04:50 PM
I thought you title was very clever...

I appears that these titles are like Knighthoods in England. Given out like candy...

-Gryph

Annorax
01-20-2006, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, once you're given a custom title, you can't go back to the old promoting system. A mod can make you a "veteran" but you won't graduate to "Pooh-Bah" at the next post level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this also apply if a mod makes you a *?

diebitter
01-20-2006, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not 100%, but I think it does also apply.

JaredL
01-20-2006, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, what happens is that your title for some reason would be blank. Then, in theory, a mod would notice that you have no title and change it to the proper one in the usual title queue.

Jared