PDA

View Full Version : Set on sketchy board

PwnSauce
03-28-2007, 03:14 AM
No reads, I realized my turn shove is just horrid here, just I'm folding out weaker hands by having them think I'm QJ, and when they have QJ I get ownzed up pretty hard. Help give me a line.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with :tc :th
2 folds, [color=#cc0000]Button raises to $0.35</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: :9s :kd :ts ($0.75, 3 players)
[color=#cc0000]Hero bets $0.5</font>, [color=#cc0000]Button raises to $1.5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: :4s ($3.75, 3 players)
Hero checks, [color=#cc0000]Button bets $3.75</font>, [color=#cc0000]Hero raises all-in $14.95</font>.
Uncalled bets: $11.2 returned to Hero.

River: : ($22.45, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $22.45)

Results:
Final pot: $22.45

RAHZero
03-28-2007, 03:31 AM
3-bet the flop, dear Jesus! That is one drawy flop, you HAVE to 3-bet there. Not 3-betting the flop is horrid, nevermind your turn shove. As played, I'd probably puke and call the turn. If the board paired on the river, I'd almost always lead. If not, I'd check and mostly fold.

Edit: Oh yeah, and reraise PF.

lemming
03-28-2007, 03:34 AM
Maybe raise preflop, depending on reads on villain (tight/folding to cbets) etc... (larger c-bet when set hit = maybe he raises = faster all-in /images/graemlins/smile.gif) and 3-bet flop imo, with those draws... if he got QJ, tough luck, but I don't think so...

Your shove on the turn really looks like you hit your flush or like you got QJ, he only calls with one of those hands...

All depending on reads on villain... He might have something like KQ and doesn't like the board either... You got no reads at all on him?

inspir3d
03-28-2007, 03:35 AM
bet bigger on the flop. bet pot. Please bet your sets big. especially when there are so many draws on board.

Rereraise the flop!!! DON't SLOWPLAY if this guy has AK/QK/T9/KT he is sure to call you. you are giving up too much value here by calling. u also let the aggressive semibluffers scare you. rereraise pot to $5.

see now this check-raise all in is very dangerous. what if villain has a flush? you lose ur stack! and you have no gaurantee that villain will bet after u check. further more all weakers hands will fold.

VPIP100
03-28-2007, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3-bet the flop, dear Jesus! That is one drawy flop, you HAVE to 3-bet there. Not 3-betting the flop is horrid, nevermind your turn shove. As played, I'd probably puke and call the turn. If the board paired on the river, I'd almost always lead. If not, I'd check and mostly fold.

Edit: Oh yeah, and reraise PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

gofishpoker
03-28-2007, 03:45 AM
I think the whole hand is pretty horribly played. 3-bet preflop 100%. I don't personally like that lead on the flop so I'd check-raise this flop. As played 3-bet the flop!!! Turn shove is bad. I'd probably call here and lead the river if u hit.

PwnSauce
03-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Thanks for replies guys. Not sure why I didn't reraise pf as I usually do with TT. Reraising flop is a good idea but what if a scare card comes on turn, it does suck for me because I still probably have to call a bet and hope for paired board. So I guess check-call turn.

Gonna disagree with not leading flop. Gotta build pot ASAP, though I did it very crappily this hand lol.

juanepr
03-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Re-raise preflop is read dependent. You don't want to do it against a 12/3 nit, which is commonplace at the $10 tables. I lead this flop and re-raise to about $6. Calling just lets draws catch up cheaply. You can't call being afraid of the scare card. If the scare card comes, you still have outs to boat up. You will not cash in on your sets if you don't play them aggressively.