PDA

View Full Version : ohhhh noes overpair against some odd player 50NL

the machine
03-28-2007, 02:26 AM
ok so this guy is just silly odd. not many hands but hes like 50/28/6 heres a hand 3 hands before the hand at question.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.25/$0.50 Blinds
6 Players
Lego Poker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/)

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.75, 6 Players)
Apnen folds, Cyal8rman raises to $1.75, pokhergod24 raises to $6, MJ_GOAT folds, Hero folds, Cashflowsnow2 folds, Cyal8rman raises all-in to $16.15, pokhergod24 calls $10.15

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($33.05, 2 Players - 1 All-In)
No Action

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($33.05, 2 Players - 1 All-In)
No Action

<font color="black">River:</font> 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($33.05, 2 Players - 1 All-In)
No Action

pokhergod24 had 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (a straight, Eight high) and won (+$15.25)
Cyal8rman had K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (Ace King high) and lost (-$16.15)

Pot Size: $33.05 ($1.65 Rake)

yeah so hes kinda wierd. not sure about him at all here...

anywho to the hand a question. keep in mind we just saw this hand go down

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.25/$0.50 Blinds
5 Players
Lego Poker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/)

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.75, 5 Players)
MJ_GOAT folds, Hero raises to $2, Cashflowsnow2 calls $2, Apnen folds, pokhergod24 calls $1.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> T/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($6.25, 3 Players)
pokhergod24 checks, Hero bets $6.25, Cashflowsnow2 folds, pokhergod24 calls $6.25

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($18.75, 2 Players)
pokhergod24 checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($18.75, 2 Players)
pokhergod24 bets $18.75, Hero????

lemming
03-28-2007, 02:40 AM
I don't really like checking the turn there, against a player like that... If you check the turn, what's your plan on the river? just check/fold an overpair??? He could be holding 83offsuit with a non-hit straightdraw! Imo, if you check the turn, you are planning to call a bet like that, against such a villain.

But I would bet turn for a reasonable amount like 12$ -- depending on stack sizes... Deep stacked? Or was he short?

the machine
03-28-2007, 02:42 AM
sorry didnt know it didnt show stack sizes

100BB effective

if you bet turn do you fold to a raise. villain is a nut job so i went for pot control here. i think i like potcontrol more then a bet because if he shoves can we really fold that easily???

lemming
03-28-2007, 02:46 AM
Either bet turn / fold to a massive shove and make a note...

Or just call river and see what he's capable of potsize-betting on the river imo...

My guess is you can make easy money out of him with one of those informations, so you may risk those 10-20$?

the machine
03-28-2007, 02:50 AM
i cant really bet the turn either. i dont even have a spade in my hand. a flush draw is very likely and we only have one pair here. a shove could be a draw, 2 pair, nut straight.

i think betting the turn is out of the question IMO. but im open to suggestions on why it may be better then checking