View Full Version : QQ seeing monsters

Stoneflip
03-28-2007, 12:55 AM
Villian just sat down no reads/stats

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.25/$0.50 Blinds
5 Players
Lego Poker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $50.95
<font color="black">Stoneflip (BB): $49.70</font>
UTG: $57.45
CO: $162.65
BTN: $20.55

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.75, 5 Players)
UTG folds, CO folds, BTN calls $0.50, SB raises to $3, Stoneflip calls $2.50, BTN folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> J/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($6.50, 2 Players)
SB bets $5, Stoneflip calls $5

<font color="black">Turn:</font> J/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($16.50, 2 Players)
SB checks, Stoneflip bets $11, SB raises all-in to $42.95
Hero????

KEW
03-28-2007, 01:00 AM
3 bet PF..As played fold to the C/R..I will only call this C/R if I have a very good read on villain..

Stoneflip
03-28-2007, 01:07 AM
WARNING: NOOB QUESTION AHEAD&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

What exactly is a 3bet???

KEW
03-28-2007, 01:11 AM
3 bet= re-raise..

James00
03-28-2007, 01:24 AM
this is a very tough hand to comment on

KEW
03-28-2007, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this is a very tough hand to comment on

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you find tough??? Ask that is how discussions start and we all learn...

Stoneflip
03-28-2007, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3 bet= re-raise..

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that by context I wasn't sure if it referred to a particular amount...thx.

Stoneflip
03-28-2007, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I put him on AA or KK, but it felt weak-tight to fold.

KEW
03-28-2007, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I put him on AA or KK, but it felt weak-tight to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is to narrow a range to give SB..An open limp by the button is very weak..SB can be raising here with a wide range to punish the weak limp...If I am SB a the button open limp I am going to raise just about EVERY hand I want to play...By 3 betting you are defining your hand and making it easier to play latter...

Vyse
03-28-2007, 02:02 AM
W/ no reads I fold begrudgingly fold, but only begrudgingly because you misplayed it. 3bet PF, but since you didn't ,you must 3bet on the flop.

Stoneflip
03-28-2007, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
By 3 betting you are defining your hand and making it easier to play latter...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
W/ no reads I fold begrudgingly fold, but only begrudgingly because you misplayed it. 3bet PF, but since you didn't ,you must 3bet on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I posted this hand I thought it was an intersting turn situation, but now I see how I misplayed it preflop.

RickA
03-28-2007, 02:45 AM
Dude I can't believe you are a noob? I have played at your table a few times and I have been impressed.

Not that it means anything.

I would 3 bet pre flop. I'm not real strong on sizing but I would probably bet $10. I think it helps clarify after the flop.

Stoneflip
03-28-2007, 02:51 AM
My friend said it was a 3x raise and I thought it was any reraise, hence the noob question.

monkeymaps
03-28-2007, 11:26 AM
def re-raise preflop. Button limp realy means nothing his range is wide so SB does not need a monster to raise there. I like flop I think standard line is check behind on turn to aviod this situation, call a reasonable bet on the river or bet if checked to.Might lose some value this way but if your unsure what to do it makes you some money alot of the time and keeps your decisions easy.

crushednuts
03-28-2007, 11:30 AM
he wouldn't CRAI here w/o a hand beating TPTK IMO. since your hand is essentially equivalent to TP, I would probably throw it away. I think he might have JJ here and trying to represent a failed cbet with the check and then trying to get you to put him on a bluff. I think you have to fold but you may very well be folding the best hand as he can't read you for QQ, he might have AJ and be reading you for a worse jack and trying to get the max.. A 3bet PF def would make him play more carefully w/ a jack here.

Check_The_Nuts
03-28-2007, 04:26 PM
I check turn. I wouldn't have reraised preflop simply because some people raise really tight out of SB even when button open limps (which is pretty frigin ugly to do).

Machavelli
03-28-2007, 04:49 PM
I reraise either pre-flop or on the flop. Gotta find out where I'm at. As played I fold. Only possible hands we would be ahead of is TT or AKspades.

Stoneflip
03-28-2007, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I check turn. I wouldn't have reraised preflop simply because some people raise really tight out of SB even when button open limps (which is pretty frigin ugly to do).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you dont reraise pf, do you reraise the flop, or play my line(float the flop) into the turn?

uppie_
03-28-2007, 05:47 PM
I fold calling here with only one pair in this spot is very rarely a good idea.

TJgniL
03-28-2007, 06:29 PM
I agree w/ 3-betting/re-raising PF. As played def. call the flop bet (standard c-bet). I would check behind on the turn and call a reasonable bet/value bet river if checked to.

Turn CRAI is usually a monster, so as played fold.