PDA

View Full Version : NL25: AJ on BTN. MPTP, a position I hate post-flop.

boycalledroy
03-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $10
CO: $11.25
boycalledroy: $54.89
SB: $44.30
BB: $8

Pre-flop: (5 players) boycalledroy is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG (poster) checks, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">boycalledroy raises to $1.25</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($4, 3 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">boycalledroy bets $3</font>, SB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($10, 2 players)
SB checks, boycalledroy checks.

River: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif ($10, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $4.75</font>, boycalledroy folds.
Uncalled bets: $4.75 returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: $10

I don't know what he has, I really hope this is standard, it is a MASSIVE leak in my game calling these bets. Sometimes I think I should not let it go as it is onlt blah de blah dollahs.

Stats on the mofo:: 28/6/0.69 over 419 hands.

orange
03-28-2007, 12:26 AM
PF is good.

I usually check this flop. But betting is fine as well. Turn check is fine.

River, I think you played it fine. There arent alot of hands that villan can be drawing to on the flop. QT beats us. thats about it. If you think he'd call the flop bet with something like 99 and bet this river, you can call as a bluffcatcher. But many players will not do that, and I think you see a hand that beats you nearly always.

boycalledroy
03-28-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm never too sure when a good time to check a flop is. Sometimes if I've been cbetting a lot and people are playing back at me I will stop. I don't get when not to cbet if they aint playing back.

orange
03-28-2007, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm never too sure when a good time to check a flop is. Sometimes if I've been cbetting a lot and people are playing back at me I will stop. I don't get when not to cbet if they aint playing back.

[/ QUOTE ]
there isnt always a 'correct' time set in stone. it all depends on the game conditions/image that you maintain. i think that betting this flop is fine in most all cases.

Vyse
03-28-2007, 02:03 AM
I think you played this hand perfectly