PDA

View Full Version : NL25: Think A Guy Is Squeezing, Hit Flop Hard. Can I get more cash?

boycalledroy
03-28-2007, 12:05 AM
Just had a hand on AP against a guy who is either very good or very bad, I can't work out which. He loves betting a hell of a lot and betting all the time. I hate to play against it, but I don't mind a "stand" in position.

So I just want to know against an aggro donk what the hell do I do to take max cash out of this?

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $19.80
UTG+1: $12.60
Hero: $62.93
Button: $8.70
SB: $30.22
BB: $50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $0.75</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $3.75</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($9.1, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $6</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($21.1, 2 players)
BB checks,

I know pre-flop was a loose call and another loose call. But as I said these people were raising with anything. I had position and I had a 90% certainty that they did not have a better hand than A10. This does not stop them betting though! Oh No.

Our villain isssssss 29/7/0.7 and loves checkraises against me more than anything else over about 700 hands. I was hoping for a check-raise here actually!

orange
03-28-2007, 12:22 AM
PF is pretty bad. I don't mind the first overcall, but the second raise needs to be a fold.

Flop is very good. Raising here lets villan off too easily. He's often drawing to 2 outs at best.

I would bet $14 on the turn. And shove the river.

KEW
03-28-2007, 12:34 AM
First Q I have is your read and number do not make sense to me..I doubt a 29/7/.7 is squeezing that often if at all.. His post flop aggression factor of .7 is a calling station not some one that is betting and betting..When this guy bets or raise he has it...

As PF is no good...First call may be but fold the the re-raise...My usual line here is to call the flop and either bet or raise the turn..BUT in this hand effective stacks are 200BBs so I will often raise the flop...Logic being he either has a hand or he doesn't and he would not expect you to make a flop raise with trips HU and stack this size..

If you think villain is getting carried away with squeezing Axs(ATs) is not a bad hands to make a stand with a shove over the top of a squeezer..As I said earlier I do not think a 29/7/.7 player is squeezing that often..

boycalledroy
03-28-2007, 12:39 AM
Ok. There is massive history between us. He never plays a pot I'm not in. Any time I raise he reraises. We never get to a showdown, IP he just bets and bets and bets me into folding. He hates me for some reason. These stats are over about a month and as time goes on he gets more aggressive!

KEW
03-28-2007, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok. There is massive history between us. He never plays a pot I'm not in. Any time I raise he reraises. We never get to a showdown, IP he just bets and bets and bets me into folding. He hates me for some reason. These stats are over about a month and as time goes on he gets more aggressive!

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the case you need to stand up and slap him back down or he wil continue to just run you over...4 bet him lighter PF...Post flop C/R and/or raise his flop bets more often...Trapping a player like this is nice but you will often find yourself waiting a long time for the right hand...Also you will need to call him down much lighter then you are comfortable with...Villains like this do not like it when you stand up to them...

Vyse
03-28-2007, 02:06 AM
I 3bet light on this hand with the UTG raiser

Flop standard, bet turn $15, shove river

MSPChris
03-28-2007, 02:16 AM
The reason he's getting more aggro is because you're letting him. What are your numbers against him when you two hook up? Maybe he's seeing numbers that convince him you're too loose?

boycalledroy
03-28-2007, 02:48 AM
Generally my numbers are around 24/20/4. He just c/r me constantly. All the time. c/rc/rc/rc/r. Annoys the [censored] out of me!

prodonkey
03-28-2007, 05:56 AM
maybe you should occasionally bet with a hand?

jk1986
03-28-2007, 06:34 AM
Preflop in this hand is aweful..

Sneds9
03-28-2007, 07:50 AM
There is such a thing as paranoia. Is this guy REALLY playing every pot that you're in, simply because he wants to get at you? I wouldn't flatter yourself, unless you're a big aggro fish and he likes to isolate and check raise you because he knows your weak....anyway thats not for me to say.

Preflop is absoltely disgusting, please never ever cold call with ATs in or out of position ever again. It's nice to 'assume' that somebody is squeezing, but in reality I doubt many players understand the concept of squeezing at $25 NL, let alone executing it profitably.

He is definately not going to be squeezing if he is a 27/7, I would expect him to have AA, KK, QQ or AK here. By his play I am leaning towards AK, and I'm guessing (if he is a semi decent player) he thinks he has come up against a small PP that you don't fancy letting go.

Or, as you said he might just getting one of those check raises prepared. - As for advice regarding the hand, I wouldn't mind a weak lead if he is very aggro, perhaps to $4 and watch him come over the top? Or a $13/14 bet would suffice if you think he is ready to call you down.

Grunch
03-28-2007, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PF is pretty bad. I don't mind the first overcall, but the second raise needs to be a fold.

Flop is very good. Raising here lets villan off too easily. He's often drawing to 2 outs at best.

I would bet $14 on the turn. And shove the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 95%. I bet about 12 on the turn because it could encourage a player like this to bluff-raise.