PDA

View Full Version : NL50 Bluff representing..........

danjohncochane
03-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Again i find myself bluffing....

Cryptologic
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
4 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $10.80
Hero: $55.20
SB: $54.50
BB: $34.97

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($4.25, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, BB calls.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/club.gif ($10.25, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($10.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $10

Would any1 make this bluff....(I know its seriously weak...lol) but would any1 bluff at it with a bigger raise???

losingdonkey
03-27-2007, 08:48 PM
you're beat and he's probably calling with a lot of weak hands that still have you beat

the machine
03-28-2007, 02:20 AM
heres one thing i discussed with another 2p2er recently. you guys are all concerned with winning teh small pots. why are you going to try to push a 50NL player off TP or 2nd pair. it normally wont happen. let them take the small ones because they will give it all to you in the big ones. occasionally i make the play but its very rare and i have to have a reason for it. its not just im gonna make a big raise here and hpoe he folds a bigger hand. i have to have a read and know that the villain is capable of making a big laydown. same thing with double barreling, i need to know that villain is capable of making a fold, or i need to know that he is a habitual floater. at first against a player i have datamined but never sat with i will double barrel bluff him to see if hes floating me on the flop and get a read with what hes calling down with.

there isnt much of a need to make this plays at 20BB pots. its not worth it. save it for a big pot and just get value from your good hands

inspir3d
03-28-2007, 03:13 AM
this bluff is weak because ur opponent may have just rivered an Ace pair, which you are not going to push him off.

i would suggest betting stronger on the flop (bet pot) because this weak &lt;3/4 pot bet lets in flush draws and encourages small pairs to call (66-99)

CaucasianAsian29
03-28-2007, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

there isnt much of a need to make this plays at 20BB pots. its not worth it. save it for a big pot and just get value from your good hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicely put

Steam Iron
03-28-2007, 04:07 AM
You're beat on this board. Fold and wait for a better spot.