PDA

View Full Version : NL50 Bluffing too much???

danjohncochane
03-27-2007, 08:00 PM
I think some times i get carried away with bluffing as im sure all of you have at some point in time. Im now trying to stop as it probably decreases my profits by alot. Would any1 bluff this situation on the river??

Cryptologic
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
4 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $10
Hero: $44.95
SB: $41.06
BB: $50.42

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($7.75, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ($7.75, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $6</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($25.75, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $14</font>

Would any1 even attempt a bluff here??? Would any1 c/bet the flop??

Reef
03-27-2007, 08:05 PM
I'd bet flop if I had respect on the table.

Don't like the turn bet, what are you repping?

And then river against 2 players ... UGH. If for some reason I felt compelled to bet, it'd be $18-20.

So you probably lost to a weak 1 pair hand?

matrix
03-27-2007, 08:19 PM
bet flop as CB semi-bluff

check behind turn (even if your flop bet gets called most of the time it'll be checked to you and you take a free card to hit the gs)

after 2 players call turn bet - betting river is chip suicide.

You need reads to be able to bluff - no reads = no bluff.

Bonesy
03-27-2007, 11:43 PM
I cbet the flop and don't bluff the river. Two callers on the turn and I just don't have enough faith that both of these guys can lay down.

boycalledroy
03-27-2007, 11:52 PM
Really don't understand what you are bluffing with. There is no obvious bluff on. They won't give you any credit for a 6. Amazingly the fact they won't credit you for a 6 is the very reason they are bad palyers, not good ones. If you had a 6 you would get paid off handsomely.

KEW
03-28-2007, 12:08 AM
UTG POSTER starts hands with ONLY $10=Bad player...A bluff will never work here...On the river the pot is protected(UTG only has $1.5 left)..

With UTG being so short I do not even like a C-bet on this flop vs 2 players..Any C-bet you make commits you to the pot

ajmargarine
03-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Oy Oy Oy.

The turn (because you aren't repping anything) and then the river (after both guys call) are plain and simple spew. I don't even CB that with the shortie/texture.

Plus, UTG's got $1.50 left on river so he's calling and you are just giving away sidepot money away to BB if he looks you up.

danjohncochane
03-28-2007, 06:18 AM
lol iv realised how bad the play was!!!!
Btw the BB did look me up, he made a full house on river with 55! Lmao

eigenvalue
03-28-2007, 08:25 AM
This is very bad. 2 players called your turn bet, so you can be quite sure that at least one of them has some kind of a hand and will call your bet, that is only a little more than 1/2 of the pot size.