View Full Version : 50NL Difficult decision with JJ in a reraised pot

AsydRayne
03-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Villain is a pretty solid 27 / 17 / 2.6

Poker Stars
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.25/$0.50 Blinds
6 Players
Lego Poker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $35.55
BB: $18.05
<font color="green">UTG: $48</font>
MP: $39.75
CO: $66.10
<font color="green">Hero (BTN): $125.95</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.75, 6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2</font>, MP folds, CO calls $2, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $5, CO folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($16.75, 2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>, UTG calls $12

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($40.75, 2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero ??</font>

Not sure what my move should be here. I picked up the FD and the gutshot but I'm having trouble seeing which hands I'm beating that he would call with on the flop. Should I just push here to get the most FE?

Reef
03-27-2007, 06:34 PM
preflop I make it 8 or 9 but that's a small detail.
--

altho his stats suggest LAG, I'd probably give a little more credit for something legit since he pfr UTG and called a 3 bet.

Range is a Q or T, I'm having trouble including KJ or J9 since you have the J's. also flush draw, would've heard from set on this board probably but not totally discounting it.

I'm going with turn check

Doug Funnie II
03-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Yeah you've got so many outs and you're probably behind. No reason to bet here.

Stake Monster
03-27-2007, 07:01 PM
this is the kind of hand I'd rather win a small pot with rather than losing a huge one. so I check the turn hoping to get a cheap showdown.

PuppyFridayYall
03-27-2007, 07:02 PM
I'd bet turn and call any all in raise. After his turn check you likely have best hand. He probably has ace king and will call with an any heart if thats what he has. If you have the worst hand in this situation you have tons of outs to improve. You cannot get away from this.

Jake

kayfish77
03-27-2007, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet turn and call any all in raise. After his turn check you likely have best hand. He probably has ace king and will call with an any heart if thats what he has. If you have the worst hand in this situation you have tons of outs to improve. You cannot get away from this.

Jake

[/ QUOTE ]

this is wrong. when you're in a way ahead way behind situation why would u bet? no worse hands are calling you. he didnt call u on the flop with a runner runner heart draw. why would he bet and have to make a decision if hes CRAI'd when he can cehck behind and take a free card while practicing pot control with 2nd pair? no worse hands are calling us on the turn and probably no better ones are folding. calling an all in here would suck since it means were drawing to 14 outs if were extremely lucky and possibly only 5. check behind evaluate the river if UI.

elmopoker
03-27-2007, 07:28 PM
No point betting if cause villian might c/r all in. Check turn then call a river bet.

renotime
03-27-2007, 07:48 PM
i'd probably check the turn and river seeing how you are mostly beat my kq or aq or maybe even a set

PuppyFridayYall
03-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Could anyone else chime in about being way ahead or behind.

Thanks,

Jake

AsydRayne
03-27-2007, 09:29 PM
In retrospect, I think a check was probably right. At the time I thought I was probably ahead and if I was behind I had a lot of outs, so I made a value bet of half his stack planning to call an all-in. He called and the river came up:

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($40.75, 2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $15</font>, UTG calls $15

<font color="black">River:</font> 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($70.75, 2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets ??</font>

He has $14 remaining, and I made the 3rd highest flush. Do I just check behind here? Also for the people who recommended check, what should i do on the river when the flush hits?

NSchandler
03-27-2007, 09:43 PM
I'd check the turn for reasons already given.

As played, I think river is a pretty easy push. If he had a higher flush he'd just push himself, realizing that you're both almost pot-committed at this point anyway.

AsydRayne
03-28-2007, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd check the turn for reasons already given.

As played, I think river is a pretty easy push. If he had a higher flush he'd just push himself, realizing that you're both almost pot-committed at this point anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Unfortunately:
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $14</font>, UTG calls all-in for $14

UTG had K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (a flush, King high) and won (+$47.75)
Hero had J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif (a flush, Queen high) and lost (-$48)