PDA

View Full Version : standard shove? 10$NL

goat_beard
03-27-2007, 05:06 PM
My thoughts on this hand were that villian had AQs+ 22+, without KK since no 4 bet. Flop came good and only hand I was worried bout was JJ, and hoped/thought he had AKo/s. Is this the correct play, or should I entice him to play back at me with a 2/3 pot bet?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.05/$0.10 Blinds
5 Players
Lego Poker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $1.65
<font color="green">Hero (BB): $9.40</font>
UTG: $2
<font color="green">CO: $10.20</font>
<font color="green">BTN: $4.30</font>

UTG posts $0.10
<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.15, 5 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.45</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, UTG folds, CO calls $1.05

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 6/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($3.05, 3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $7.90</font>, CO calls $7.90

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 6/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($18.85, 3 Players - 1 All-In)
No Action

<font color="black">River:</font> 6/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($18.85, 3 Players - 1 All-In)
No Action

Pot Size: $18.85 ($1 Rake)

juanepr
03-27-2007, 05:35 PM
I would bet the amount I normally cbet and push if raised.

Doug Funnie II
03-27-2007, 07:19 PM
I don't think worse hands raise you on the flop hardly ever. A PSB commits you also, so push isn't bad, especially if you know that villain can't fold draws or something.

udbrky
03-27-2007, 07:30 PM
I like the push because if you PSB and get called, the pot is $9. You have ~$5 effective stacks left. My rule of thumb is, if I don't have a PSB left after a bet and a call, a shove is the best sized bet on that street.

Mal_Pais
03-27-2007, 11:12 PM
I like it, given stack sizes. You fold QQ with a PSB anyway. And the push stacks AK. Nice hand.

Poker monkey
03-27-2007, 11:23 PM
Push here is completely unnecessary and certainly not standard in any way. Nothing that beats you folds, and not that much that you beat calls - AK probably the only one.

Betting about $2 to $2.50 is the best way to get value without risking your stack (assuming your opponent folds, you've made about $1.50, so getting him to call just one bet more than doubles the value you get). If raised you have a real decision. So long as you're not a maniac, your re-raising range is something along the lines of AK, AA, KK, QQ, JJ. You've made a strong bet on the flop and your opponent is saying he beats you. If your opponent is a solid tight player this is a fold.

The only benefit of pushing here is that it looks like a bluff and you might get called by hands that would otherwise fold.

DannyOcean_
03-27-2007, 11:27 PM
I also like a bet of 2.5, bc it will be called more than a push. A when you push the turn, who cares that your bet is less than a PSB? It'll just get called wider. We don't want to just win the hand, we want to extract, and I think 3/4 PSB - push does that better than an overbet.

Bonesy
03-27-2007, 11:29 PM
I think the push is ok vs the right players but mostly you will knock out hands that may have called and are drawing slim. Just make the normal cb.

goat_beard
03-28-2007, 10:07 AM
well i was fairly confident he was playing AK/AQ here. If hes got two clubs this shove is an invite to get called and stacked also. He ended up basically snap calling with QQ and got stacked nehow. How do you think he would have played QQ if i made a PSB

monkeymaps
03-28-2007, 10:15 AM
glad it worked out for you.
Given action he prob would have called or rasied a PSB and you could have gotten it in anyway.
I just dont like pushing like that you wont get called by many hands that you are ahead of just maybe AK and I guess QQ by this oppenent but i think QQ folds out alot ot tighter villans.

crushednuts
03-28-2007, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think QQ folds out alot ot tighter villans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against tigher OPP sometimes i like to CRAI. This board is a little too scary to do that however. if the board were K82 I like a CRAI. As played the open push is fine as is a smaller valuebet. The difference in equity here is marginal at these stakes. Against more skilled opponents, the push will only get called by AK or better