PDA

View Full Version : 25NL AK TPTK, looks like a safe board, unexpected turn raise?

jimpo
03-27-2007, 04:10 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($24.40)
BB ($36.15)
UTG ($18.65)
MP ($30)
CO ($25.90)
Button ($31.05)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.25) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, UTG calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.25) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $8</font>,
Hero...?

What to do? Flop seems very nice, no draws out there, I am thinking I have to get pretty unlucky to lose this hand. UTG is a complete unknown, this is hand number 8 in this table. Turn raise really confuses me. Did he hit K6 or 66? I don't feel like I wanna fold here!

RMLewis
03-27-2007, 04:17 PM
this is a tricky situation indeed. However, you should raise 1.25 preflop and bet at least 2 on the flop.

As far as the hand goes, i like a call here. He may have picked up a diamond draw with his K10, KJ, or KQ. against an unknown it's tough to say what trips hands besides A3.

depending on river, preferably a non diamond, i would c/c but not against a shove.

whizzle
03-27-2007, 04:21 PM
definitely not folding here! U are beating a hudge range of hands here. Villian could have anything in my perspective. Against an unknown i'd probably call. and c/c the river. If villian was loose this is a good spot to push imo

kongs
03-27-2007, 04:25 PM
I think you are still good here. It is a very dry board and I'm sure he thinks you have nothing and is trying to push you off your hand.

Gustav
03-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Very confusing spot. Villain is shortstack though, so I'm not getting away. Either push now or call and push river. I would tend towards the latter.

Now if villain was a full stack this would be really tough.

PS: $1.25 or $1.50 preflop, and around 3/4 pot on the flop.

dirtylobster
03-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Have you been playing aggressively lately? If so, he might just be making a move. But if you've been playing tightish then I'd be very careful though I'd still call the turn and check/call a reasonble bet on river.

jimpo
03-27-2007, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is a tricky situation indeed. However, you should raise 1.25 preflop and bet at least 2 on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop was a simple mistake, I do the standard 4+1/limper normally. On the flop I figured that there are no draws at all, and I have found it difficult to get paid off when I bet the "proper" amount (it seems games are quite nitty at times). Also 3/4 is pretty much my continuation bet amount. But maybe I shoulda bet more on the flop as well.

On the turn villain had only $8 more behind, I was confused, so I pushed. I guess that's a leak of mine :P

jimpo
03-27-2007, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you been playing aggressively lately?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the first hand I play out of the 8 I have been sitting in.

Gustav
03-27-2007, 04:38 PM
I have to say I really don't like check/calling the river at all. I do not trust villain to get his stack in with a PP or Kx without my help. Meanwhile every hand that beats us is pushing when checked to anyway. He might be on complete air, but I doubt it.

ocdscale
03-27-2007, 04:42 PM
A little off topic, but don't worry if you aren't getting paid off when you bet the proper amount, you are. They are paying you to see the flop and folding. Winning $3 with AK on the flop is better than losing $10 when villain rivers 2 pair.

On topic, this whole thing is fishy. I think it's highly dependent on what your image is. If you've been raising/cbetting a lot of hands, he may be raising you with KJs, KQs thinking it's the best hand (noting your smallish bets). I think A3s is the most likely hand that beats you, but with only 8$ left in his stack, I think your money is going in one way or the other.