PDA

View Full Version : $25 - Is this JJ push PF fine?

K䲰䮥n
03-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Readless, notice the stacks.

Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: rompur ( $ 40.69 USD )
Seat 2: biomeggi ( $ 24.75 USD )
Seat 3: Hero ( $ 27.35 USD )
Seat 6: tashax ( $ 15.20 USD )
Seat 4: jerrylee1976 ( $ 4.65 USD )
Seat 5: loooser113 ( $ 9.85 USD )

loooser113 posts small blind [$ 0.10 USD].
rompur posts big blind [$ 0.25 USD].

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
biomeggi calls [$ 0.25 USD]
Hero raises [$ 1.20 USD]
jerrylee1976 calls [$ 1.20 USD]
loooser113 raises [$ 3.40 USD]
rompur folds
biomeggi folds
Hero raises [$ 10.90 USD]
jerrylee1976 folds
loooser113 is all-In [$ 6.35 USD]

Bowlboy
03-27-2007, 12:17 PM
I dont think this is a bad play, but I wonder if a call is better? Villain's range is obviously AA,KK,QQ probably TT too. I think most villains would not make this kind of 3bet with any lower PP than TT with a shortstack like this. They'd rather just shove it in now, hope you fold, and if you call they're probably a coinflip. Because the 3bet looks more standard I think the big PP's and AK, AQ, AJ and possibly AT because of shortstacked are likely hands. Some guys will 3bet Axs here and KQ maybe even KJ.
My point is for calling here is I doubt very much you have any fold equity by pushing. It just never happens. So why not call pre, and push any favorable flop without an ace? If no overcards flop you're ahead alot. You're still ahead a lot if a K or Q flops, though I think that if you see a flop like KQ7 you're toast. He wont fold AQ here.

Sorry for my jumbled rant here. I guess in a nutshell, I'm saying that if he has AK he isnt folding pre, and he is'nt going to fold the flop either. If I'm right on that, then calling and shoving a favorable flop for your jacks is more +EV than shoving pre, though as played, I think your push is ok as you are probably slightly ahead of his range.

Edit: Just realized that the button cold called so I think your shove is the best play to get this heads up with the SB. What do you think about my line of thinking here assuming the Button had folded to your first raise and this was going to be heads up if you were to just call the 3bet preflop?

AusDerBunker
03-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Nice /images/graemlins/smile.gif

futuredoc85
03-27-2007, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

VPIP100
03-27-2007, 02:41 PM
I like it. Especially with the dead money in it and another call, you would hate to see overcards on the flop with JJ versus 2 villains, 100%sure someone hit.

dirtylobster
03-27-2007, 02:59 PM
He's pot committed on the flop anyway so why not get it over with, plus by raising you isolate him instead of seeing a flop with 2 people and possible overcards on the board. Well played.