PDA

View Full Version : Q7 blind vs blind flops trips

prodonkey
03-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Villain is 33/14/3 I've run into this spot a lot lately trips weak kicker vs aggro villain.

Should I reraise flop? Raise turn? Should my objective here be to get his whole stack in? I guess that's really what I need to know to work on playing these weird trips hands.

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) Hand History converter (http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.com/convert/convert.cgi) Courtesy of PokerZion.com (http://PokerZion.com)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($99.75)
Button ($70.20)
<font color="#C00000">SB ($28.05)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($56.20)</font>

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1.5</font>, Hero calls $0.75.

Turn: ($4) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2</font>, Hero ???.

catfish_01
03-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Well if you're absolutely perplexed as to whether you're beat or not, you can always call the turn bet and also a decent river-sized bet. There are times to tone down your own aggression and in this hand you have almost no information on your hand and your opp's hand except that an aggro player min raised your flop bet with an ace on board and led the turn.

Some opponents are like reverse calling stations; you can be assured that they won't call down, but they will bet down with hands that your medium strength (such as trips with weak kicker) beat.

The reason I don't want to fold this hand is I can see an opp with a raggedy Ace doing this.

prodonkey
03-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Well I wasn't planning on folding.. just possibly playing cautiously. I'm pretty sure he's not going to check raise me there on the flush draw, but I guess anything is possible. I was thinking call.. then call/bet the river would be the best line to take with something like this.

catfish_01
03-27-2007, 10:48 AM
I like the bet/call line on the river... but what do you do if he check-raises the river (out of curiosity?) If you think he has a tendency to do that, a check-down might be better.

prodonkey
03-27-2007, 10:52 AM
I didn't view him as that tricky.. depends on the river card.. if it's say the Kh I might have a problem calling.

catfish_01
03-27-2007, 10:59 AM
I think your line is fine then. Basically I would decide to keep the pot small in this hand on the flop given the situation and the way you handled it (or planned to on the river) is a good way of doing that.

barryc83
03-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Is it wrong for me to really want to felt this? He's short, is loose, and could easily have an A that he wont fold. I raise turn to $9 and shove river, JMO.