PDA

View Full Version : Bad turn KK allin?

reidardahlen
03-27-2007, 06:47 AM
This was my first hand at the table, and the reason i pushed allin on the turn was that no other club fell, and I wanted VILLAIN to get bad drawing odds in case he had a club. But, in that case maybe I should have bet more on the flop? I suspect I played this hand badly... but the turn allin was just a slight overbet.

$0,15-$0,15 No Limit HE (Real)
Seat 0: VILLAIN($42,70 in chips)
Seat 1: ($12 in chips)
Seat 3: ($12,75 in chips)
Seat 5: ($18,30 in chips) (on the button)
Seat 8: lxx ($13,60 in chips)
Seat 9: HERO ($15 in chips)
*** Blind Bet Round *** :
wiese lxx : Post Blind ($0,10)
HERO: Post Blind ($0,15)
Dealt to Hero: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif
*** Pre-Flop *** :
VILLAIN : Bet ($0,30)
Seat 1 : Fold
Seat 3 : Fold
Seat 5 : Call ($0,30)
Seat 8 : Fold
HERO : Raise ($2)
VILLAIN : Call ($1,85)
Seat 5: Fold
*** Flop *** : 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
HERO : Bet ($2)
VILLAIN : Call ($2)
*** Turn *** : [ 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif ] J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
HERO: Bet ($10,85)
HERO : All In ($10,85)
VILLAIN : Call ($10,85)

Bramsterdam
03-27-2007, 07:14 AM
Bad board for your KK. This is a reraised pot, so I wouldn't fear a flush (AcKc is the only realistic option). The problem is that AA, QQ, JJ crush you. TcTx has lots of outs, so you're only beating TPTK here. Would villain call your big reraise with AQ?

You may assume villain isn't that bad, because he has 2,5x BI. Difficult spot, don't know what to do to be honest. Flop bet is to small by the way.

kewl_cph
03-27-2007, 07:14 AM
Bet more on the flop! I'd bet around $4.

If he flopped the flush the result is the same, but I think you extract more the times he's drawing when you bet more on the flop and push the turn. If he is drawing, he usually can't call the turn overbet, but if you bet more on the flop he can (disregard the fact that he really can't call a pot sized flop bet, because everybody calls those with a flush draw).

reidardahlen
03-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the replies, yeah I figure I'd have to bet more on the flop, the thing I wonder though, is there ever any room for folding when flopping an overpair on a monochrome board with a stack this small against one opponent?

kayfish77
03-27-2007, 09:36 AM
i hate this entire hand. u reraised him 7x his raise, then you underbet the pot on a drawheavy flop then when a turn comes when you literally dont beat a single hand that would call you, you overbet the pot. why? when its a way ahead way behind thing you dont necessarily need to bet. what worse hands are calling you here? what better hands are folding? its just feels like everything you do in this hand is completely aribitrary with no thought to stack sizes or board texture or the hand as a whole.

fees
03-27-2007, 09:43 AM
you need to bet this flop harder