PDA

View Full Version : 50NL - TT - Set with an ugly river

DeathbySuckout
03-27-2007, 01:22 AM
I think my first mistake was not 3betting this PF.
Villain was like 32/28/2.75 , so he's not really out of line, till that river bet. Crying call on river ok?

Poker Stars
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.25/$0.50 Blinds
6 Players
Lego Poker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $13.75
BB: $114.30
UTG: $50.50
MP: $49.40
<font color="green">CO: $37.15</font>
<font color="green">Hero (BTN): $49.25</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> T/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.75, 6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.50</font>, Hero calls $1.50, 2 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> T/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($3.75, 2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.50</font>, CO calls $2.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($8.75, 2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $7.25</font>, CO calls $7.25

<font color="black">River:</font> K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($23.25, 2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $9</font>, Hero calls $9

Pot Size: $41.25 ($2 Rake)

KEW
03-27-2007, 01:54 AM
Yes three bet this guy all day with TT...Bet full pot on the flop and turn...That flop likely hit his range and is very draw heavy...As played make the crying call...

thegoose420
03-27-2007, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes three bet this guy all day with TT...Bet full pot on the flop and turn...That flop likely hit his range and is very draw heavy...As played make the crying call...

[/ QUOTE ]

completely agree

kayfish77
03-27-2007, 03:43 AM
i 3bet this about 80% of the time flat call isnt completely horrible i guess even though were so ridiculous far ahead of his range. pot the flop, pot the turn, call river is standard. sucks :&lt;

Loc0Loc0
03-27-2007, 04:34 AM
Can anyone give me a reason why we call the river?

mvdgaag
03-27-2007, 06:37 AM
I agree, threebet this player all the time peflop, bet full pot on flop, and turn (only because the board is very draw heavy. Normally you want to bet less to get more value out of it). The river donkbet is either a bluff or a made draw imo, since it made both a possible flush AND any queen would make the straight I fold here.

gofishpoker
03-27-2007, 07:25 AM
The river is pretty close. I can't see a lot of hands you can beat here. AK, KJ maybe... I don't know what to do. Maybe I would call just for curiosity. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

avfletch
03-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Villain's line really doesn't make any sense to me. A particularly loose aggressive doesn't cbet an uber scary flop but check calls two streets and leads out on a scare card on the end.

If he's bad enough to be slow playing a bigger set/flopped straight on this board, why does he wake up on the river when his hand looks like it's behind (blocking bet?)

Is he too scared to fire into a flop like that? If so then we have to put him on a draw and well, whatever it was then it just got there if he's leading out, or is this a really cheap shot at bluffing us on a scary river?

I can't see anything you beat betting this way (other than the cheap shot after missing his draw) on the end but the odds are pretty good (is that the point, value bet?).

Do you have any reads to suggest that villain is capable of blocking this spot? If so is he good enough to lay down to a shove or does he make the 'crying' call.