PDA

View Full Version : NL10 - AA OOP and a Monochrome Flop

Mal_Pais
03-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Villian is 37/7/1.6 over 54 hands. The few hands I've seen him play, he's been very passive on the flop.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($14.40)
BB ($2.15)
UTG ($3.75)
MP ($9.80)
Button ($21)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $2.50.

<font color="blue">He calls preflop. Not an aggressive player preflop, so I'm guessing his range is TT-QQ, AK, and maybe KK. He's loose; he may be calling with KQ or AQ. </font>

Flop: ($6.10) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $18 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

<font color="blue">OK, that's an ugly flop and big bet. I don't have a heart. A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif is out. KQ, QQ and KK are crushing me, I'm beating TT, JJ, AQ, and AK. Would he make this bet with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif Kx? I keep thinking that KK or QQ would make this kind of bet, and they seem more probable. </font>

Final Pot: $24.10

I'm kicking myself for not leading the flop, but if I bet here, I'm putting in a big chunk of my stack, and I don't know that I can fold to a raise. Anybody play this differently? Thanks.

Machavelli
03-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Tough break on the flop. It happens.

I'd fire out 3.5 or 4 into this pot and fold to a push or raise. Our hands value decreases as the hand continues and we are behind a lot of the time. I dont see how our hand can stand up to two strong bets by villain and because of that were better of just letting it go if our cbet doesn't take it down.

Is this line too passive?