PDA

View Full Version : NL50 Is this a leak in my game??

danjohncochane
03-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Cryptologic
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $39.82
UTG+1: $47
Hero: $48.59
Button: $79.70
SB: $81.56
BB: $50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3</font>, 4 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($7.25, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $45.59</font>

Is this the right play?? I normally do it as i think villians flop min raise can be a range of hands from Qx to pockets.
I'l usually play big pairs similar 2 this if the board is dry with 1 high card. I am corerect in doing so or should i just call turn i re-assess the situation on turn??

ciki57
03-26-2007, 09:11 PM
I just call here and see what he does on the turn. Min check raise is often a monster like a set or two pair.

Machavelli
03-26-2007, 09:13 PM
I think this is fine against unkown at this level.

RMLewis
03-26-2007, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pushing AI only folds out hands you already crush. Even a check/min-raising donk can recognize he's beat with Qx and doesnt want to invest his 50 bucks on a straight draw. You are only being called here by hands that have YOU crushed. Sets, two-pairs...

rather than push, i call and re-evaluate the turn. See if he tries to check/raise you again? then you can keep this pot small and bet the river if blanks come off

Machavelli
03-26-2007, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pushing AI only folds out hands you already crush. Even a check/min-raising donk can recognize he's beat with Qx and doesnt want to invest his 50 bucks on a straight draw. You are only being called here by hands that have YOU crushed. Sets, two-pairs...

rather than push, i call and re-evaluate the turn. See if he tries to check/raise you again? then you can keep this pot small and bet the river if blanks come off

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that calling his raise an playing turn is fine. I do not think pushing here folds out all weaker hands. I would expect to regularly get called by AQ, KQ, even QJ and JJ at 50NL.

RMLewis
03-26-2007, 09:33 PM
AQ, KQ and QJ are hands that villain would be more likely to LEAD with on the flop rather than c/r. flopped monsters are usually the ones that check raise

Machavelli
03-26-2007, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AQ, KQ and QJ are hands that villain would be more likely to LEAD with on the flop rather than c/r. flopped monsters are usually the ones that check raise

[/ QUOTE ]

From my experience this is not the case at all. Lots of players assume they can let the pfr cbet and get some extra $ out of it when they raise and take it down.

I'm saying I do not think this is a leak, not that it is necessarily the best way to play the hand in every spot. That is obviously read dependent.

LMAO
03-26-2007, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just call here and see what he does on the turn. Min check raise is often a monster like a set or two pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed... some what. what i've noticed is for some villians this is true. For others its usually a made but weak hand like KQ/AT or something so its more of a probe. Some also use it to freeze you on the turn when they have a drw... so its good to make a note of what he's doing this with.

Spechel EDD
03-26-2007, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uh why would he c/r oop a straight draw like KJ/J9

----

hands fine. if he has QT you still can counterfeit his hand with a redraw. idiots at these levels c/r hands like AQ/KQ/QJ more often than they should.

Xanta
03-26-2007, 09:39 PM
You're in position on a relatively dry board and you don't mind a lot of turn cards coming out.

I'd call and re-eval turn, no need to felt it just yet.

Machavelli
03-26-2007, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're in position on a relatively dry board and you don't mind a lot of turn cards coming out.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are going to be worried by any boardway card, right? An 9 or 8 also scare, no? I don't think this means calling is bad but should definitely be taken into account.

kayfish77
03-26-2007, 09:48 PM
at these stakes, yes. when you move up higher and minraises on the flop dont mean sets then no. honestly shoving is really really bad the board isnt draw heavy and you let him play optimally since everything that you have beat except POSSIBLY a hugely overplayed aq is folding here and everything that beats you is calling. :&lt; either call and evaluate when he pots the turn or fold the flop. saying calling and reevaluating is retarded because hes firing 99% of the time on the turn and its very rarely going to be a king. so you need a plan folding here is so nitty but if youre going to fold the turn to a blank you might as well fold here.

RMLewis
03-26-2007, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
evaluate when he pots the turn or fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

At these stakes, many players have no concept of bet sizing, as exhibited by the check/min-raise. There is a chance to showdown cheaply.

Waingro
03-27-2007, 12:07 AM
Chalk me up to the call flop raise camp. The reason is of course that every once in a while some opponents find it in their hearts to fold tpgk when you 3bet ai. I donīt plan on folding anywhere in the hand unless the board gets too scary.

Paul Thomson
03-27-2007, 12:15 AM
Villain almost never has TT or QQ or QA. QK isn't too likely because you have 2 of hte KK. You're not often behind but not hany hands call worse.

I'd probably call flop. Call a turn bet and fold to a river. But pushing over a turn bet is probably ok as well, since he seems like a donk but it kinda depends on a few factors.

Big Poppa Smurf
03-27-2007, 12:18 AM
I usually just decide that I'm going to stack off on the turn anyway if the top card doesn't pair, so then I usually decide to just shove myself. Then they usually fold.