PDA

View Full Version : 25 NL- AJ, horrible CRAI?

youthies
03-26-2007, 08:45 PM
No reads on villain. Is turn a c/f?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($27.66)
MP ($23.69)
Button ($45.15)
Hero ($26.63)
BB ($13.75)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.5</font>, Button calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.40, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $0.25.

Flop: ($2.25) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $1.75</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6.25</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $4.50.

Turn: ($14.75) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $5.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises all in

Machavelli
03-26-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm not sure whats calling you that you are beating. AT caught up, AQ, AK. Are you expecting A9 to call? I think you're folding out the part of villains range you want in - OESD and flush draws, weak aces, etc.

SirFelixCat
03-26-2007, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure whats calling you that you are beating. AT caught up, AQ, AK. Are you expecting A9 to call? I think you're folding out the part of villains range you want in - OESD and flush draws, weak aces, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

That pretty much sums it up. Spew, imo. Esp. vs an unknown.

Jouster777
03-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Yeah...horrible.

You probably fold AQ and AK some of the time because the flop and turn C/R is such a bizarre line. However, villain also probably checks behind on turn with those. This is a good way to go broke.

Just bet flop and figure out if you are good or not.

RMLewis
03-26-2007, 09:19 PM
I usually like to just lead the flop for pot, especially on a draw heavy board such as that one. The check-raise play is fine on the flop, but since he called, there's no need to do it again on the turn. As mentioned earlier, if he had a weaker hand than you, he'd check behind, hoping to catch his straight/flush/two-pair in an already decent-sized pot.

kayfish77
03-26-2007, 09:58 PM
usually when im bluffing i try and make it look as standard as possible and avoid lines like this because they lead to confusion which leads to calls. what hands would you play like this? ? its only 10 more dollar to MP into a pot of 50. i dont really understand what he ever folds here. clubs have the pot odds to draw, as do straight draws. i dont think AK ever folds. i think MP punching himself in the temple and calling followed by you reloading is generall the result of this hand. actually looking at this hand i hate the entire line. checkraising the flop is going to fold any hand except drawing hands that we beat and have us have half our stack in on a 3 outer to any hand that calls (most of the time). its not a horrible line i guess but id much rather do it with either a drawing hand or a hand with no showdown value at all instead of tpgk.