View Full Version : 50nl kk in 3b pot

danny8
03-26-2007, 08:37 PM
no reads on villain, been here about 10hands... havnt noticed him

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.25/$0.50 Blinds
6 Players
Lego Poker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
ewr: $39.70
tj: $53.20
villain: $55.50
ty: $67.65
<font color="black">Hero: $76.55</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.75, 5 Players)
<font color="red">villain raises to $1.75</font>,sgg folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, rewgh folds, jyy, villain calls $4.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif ($12.75, 2 Players)
villain checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($12.75, 2 Players)
villain checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8</font>, villain calls $8

<font color="black">River:</font> 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ($28.75, 2 Players)
<font color="red">villain bets $9.50</font>, Hero calls $9.50

Pot Size: $47.75 ($2.35 Rake)

i almost always cbet in 3b pots.. but i started fearing JJ/QQ so decided to check

once i've checked the flop how d'ya like turn/river? Should i always be betting flop here vs an unknown? just kinda assigned him an AQ+ TT+ range.. which im actually ahead of so i guess i should be betting!

cheers!

Vyse
03-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Cbet you coward.

kolotoure
03-26-2007, 08:45 PM
C-betting makes this so much easier to play

Machavelli
03-26-2007, 09:26 PM
I think checking this flop is a really bad move. Pot this and find out right there if you're beat or not. Think of it this way: had you bet 12 on the flop and been raised by his QQ or JJ you'd have a good idea you're beat and fold. Cost of $12.75. You called a bet on the turn and river for a total of $17.50.

I also think a fold is best on the river. What hand is he betting we beat at this point?

danny8
03-26-2007, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think checking this flop is a really bad move. Pot this and find out right there if you're beat or not. Think of it this way: had you bet 12 on the flop and been raised by his QQ or JJ you'd have a good idea you're beat and fold. Cost of $12.75. You called a bet on the turn and river for a total of $17.50.

I also think a fold is best on the river. What hand is he betting we beat at this point?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i agree, i [censored] up this hand by not betting the flop. if im raised on the flop im folding right? on the river i htought it might be a blocking bet with AQ or something

kayfish77
03-26-2007, 09:52 PM
this is horrible regardless of results. bet 9 on the flop. check behind the turn. call decent sized bet on river. i actually probably bet very close to the pot on the flop to figure out where i am if you get raised obv fold and if he calls play carefully. this bet on the river is almost never a blocking bet with aq, it looks like 1010 caught a straight or some kind of set / retarded 2 pair. i really dont even know what to think. im curious to the results but i doubt you're ahead very often after the river.

RMLewis
03-26-2007, 10:12 PM
betting 5/6-full pot on flop is key. But why do so many of you guys advocate folding to a raise? If you were villain, wouldn't YOU raise with AQ. However, given the texture of this board i would be more likely to fold, but say the flop was less threatening, who would fold to a raised flop?

RMLewis
03-26-2007, 10:14 PM
my bad, missed that villain checked first.. villain is definitely less likely to c/r a 3bettor w/o something substantial... so yes, fold to a raise