PDA

View Full Version : 25NL Somewhat Deep, AA finds aggression against multitabler

CardMinger
03-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Villain in this hand is a multitabler but is pretty loose and I'm not really all that impressed with his game so far. I wasnt using PAHud at the time so I won't post his stats for this post.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, 3 folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($3.1, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.5</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $24.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises all-in $43.3</font>.
Hero...?

Is my line up to this point ok? Should I maybe have repopped his $5 raise a little less or just smooth called?

Assuming that my line so far is decent what should I do about his shove on the flop here?

Thanks for the help!
CM

goat_beard
03-26-2007, 06:28 PM
meh call and curse...he mite be playing AJ here and laughing at u then cursing himself

SCBielski
03-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Since you pot committed yourself, call and break your computer when he shows you a set (probably of fours).

CardMinger
03-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Is there any way I could have played the hand to be able to get away from it if I think he has a set?

CM

kayfish77
03-26-2007, 06:48 PM
yes. if u put him on a set after he shoves your'e getting 3:1ish on your money as a 9:1 underdog. anyways this isnt really the kind of hand (1 pair) that you want to be playing for stacks 200 bbs deep. also its nitpicky but make it 1.25 preflop.

Paul B.
03-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Raise more preflop and just call his flop check-raise.

netstorm
03-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Call his c/mr and re evaluate turn.

edit: didnt see the UTG limper. Indeed, make it $1,25

dd323
03-26-2007, 07:12 PM
I think you made a mistake by 3-betting to this amount on the flop. That board is pretty dry, there are a couple of straight draws but its not to bad. The only reason to raise to the amount you did is if you think villian is bad enough to instantly get all in with him on this board.

There are two ways to play this this deep and its pretty villian dependant which on makes up the best line. Probably the best line is just to call the flop and possibly just to call down, unless he checks the turn behind, than you can either value bet or check-raise the river (depending on how agressive he is).

Another option against a really straight-forward player would be to 3-bet the flop to 12 and fold to a push.